What's new
What's new

PPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Key_con

Plastic
PPE , by some take a blasé approach ,that’s up until they have an accident . But having a cut ,a piece of metal from grinding goes into the eye still don’t call it an accident ,unless it’s at work and then rubbing there hands for compensation but seriously still are blasé about using PPE ,here in the UK especially in the mining sector that’s now dying out but that for a whole different reason ,but during a colliery peak out of 1500 men we could have 0 deaths ,and 230 accidents annually but most were actual miss footing and landed on a ankle or wrist - back to PPE if when choosing the right PPE for the job your doing ,each time you pick up a pair of gloves or goggles your going to have another day pay day- just because your wear gloves and nothing happens doesn’t mean fine to the naked eye ,who’s to say something isn’t embedded into the glove and protected your hands and fingers ,anyone who’s seen a hand being pulled into a machine but the glove went first and the man managed to pull his hand out before serious damage - having PPE it has to be used correctly - having spent a short time as HM Inspector ,which we go round looking for hazards as well as attending an accident. If just one person can learn to use their PPE and not just carry it with them ,I just may of save your sight in one eye or the finger on your hand - recently nothing to do with PPE had a cataract removed but no one told me that I’d have no sight for a month in that eye after while everything settles ,can’t drive ,can’t do my favourite pass-time DIY at home, all the activities that you need a car for you just unable to do ,even if you tried your peripheral vision would let you down ,so your stuck . Happy to of being able to speak about “your safety”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back