What's new
What's new

Prototrak Plus RS232C Connection - Linux

frank.mogavero

Plastic
Good morning all,

I have a Prototrak Plus unit that I'm trying to communicate with, though it doesn't seem to understand the line of explicits I'm throwing at it. Seriously, though, I'm using a USB to DB25 cable with FTDI chip. Here is a link to the cable on Amazon Cable Link. I have the computer end set up according to the CADCAM manual. 4800,e,1,7,none. I am getting from the control head the message cannot link. I'm assuming it is the cable currently because I've been unable to verify the pin configuration. Null modem vs straight through. On that note I have ordered a std cross over cable and usb to db9 adapter. But in the mean time for fun I figured I'd pull my hair out a bit more before those components arrive. And thus if anyone here has any suggestions or ideas I'd love to hear them.

Thanks again!
Frank

Any mention of flow control in that manual? FTDI chip cable are pretty good at meeting standards. Is your adapter equipped with the 'flashy LED' option to indicate some status and data flow activity?

Thus far I have tried none, hardware, and software with the same results. I believe the trak manual says none.
Flashy LED's... I have one with Flashy incandescent though 😉
No, no lights on this cable unfortunately.
I do feel like it is something foolish however, on my part that is.

Back