What's new
What's new

Robodrill turret issue (HELP!!!)

Erick D

Plastic
Hello, I have an issue with a Robodrill T14iA.

The machine presented a problem with the turret indexing mechanism. The turret tried to rotate and make the change between tools but for some reason the mechanism got stuck, so maybe the gears were forced and now the machine can't take the tool holder properly. This happens with any turret position.
It seems that the turret is misaligned with the spindle, because the spindle orientation is OK (M19 code).
I believe that the turret gear is offset by one tooth, but since the spindle gear is what performs the indexing mechanism, the turret gear can't be moved manually. I wonder if there is a way to align the turret again, maybe changing some parameters, in order to make a shorter index operation.

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Misaligned turret.jpg
    Misaligned turret.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20240228_163741.jpg
    IMG_20240228_163741.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
first thing. without the manuals in front of me, I can't be sure, but I believe you should be able to move the turret that far if it is only off a tooth, by giving it a firm grip and twist. I could be wrong though.

What I will tell you is, your Z axis likely needs to be re-homed, and possibly grid shifted in Z, so that the gear properly meshes with the turret.

if you find that it meshes OK (by looking at it from the side in 1% rapid mode with no tool in the spindle or turret), then you can deal with getting it lined up again.

looks like some damage on the spindle teeth needs to be addressed as well.

does the machine's ATC maintenance procedures work at all? I assume you did that and it's still off a tooth.

first thing. without the manuals in front of me, I can't be sure, but I believe you should be able to move the turret that far if it is only off a tooth, by giving it a firm grip and twist. I could be wrong though.

What I will tell you is, your Z axis likely needs to be re-homed, and possibly grid shifted in Z, so that the gear properly meshes with the turret.

if you find that it meshes OK (by looking at it from the side in 1% rapid mode with no tool in the spindle or turret), then you can deal with getting it lined up again.

looks like some damage on the spindle teeth needs to be addressed as well.

does the machine's ATC maintenance procedures work at all? I assume you did that and it's still off a tooth.
I just found a similar thread and I managed to solve the problem.
Anyway, thanks for the support!!

Back