What's new
What's new

SolidCam - 6 Months, no solution, no refund!!! Don't waste your money!!!

So you're going to extort them for money?
Solidcam would probably welcome it. Every time op has posted more detailed info, they end up looking worse and solidcam looks better. If op hadn't mentioned that they supposedly can't make a working 3x fanuc post, there might still be people in this thread on their side

I am going to post the entire communication chain with soldicam all over the internet if I have to. It's not over. If they still don't refund us, we will setup a small claims court case.
Can you read G-code? Genuine question. It's not rocket surgery but, there seem to be some people who never bothered to learn it and it's just a bunch of gibberish screaming by on the screen to them. Post up screen shots of what the cutter paths looked like in SolidCAM and then show us the G-code that it produces. Show us the diamond, oval problems. If you have all these damning emails, then you have exactly what you communicated to them with technical details.

It's been over for a while.

I want companies to be held accountable for their actions. Not to please most and sin a few and get away with it. If you are making parts for a customer and you give them something that doesnt work... they paid for parts that in in spec and in tolerance and you gave them parts out of spec and expect them to pay for it? Holy shit...is that a real business? Even if you made parts for 100 customers that went ok, the next customer project just didn't work out. They asked for a refund even if you made the parts already but they were bad. Then you said "no refunds, k thanks bye" Customer is left with nothing they can use.

But that is ok right? Because they served 100 customers before and those went ok? Turning a blind eye to the truth because of, or in favor of the majority is a dangerous way to live. Governments, militaries, and countries fall to this throughout history. Assuming everything is ok when its not...oh how fast the floods come.

This what happened to the last guy that tried to flame a vendor.
is that the guy who bought a 5x machine without reading what the travels were and then decided it was a POS because it traveled exactly what they said it would?

I want companies to be held accountable for their actions
I'll be more clear than I was in a previous post, but not as pc.
For all we know you're one of those knowitall asshole customers that wants the post to do something that it just can't and you're throwing a public tantrum threatening a lawsuit if you don't get a refund.
All we have to go on is your story (as thin as it may be) and you are appalled that we don't believe you no matter how much you try to convince us.

@CNCWoodarts Careful.
extortion, black male, slander, defamation....their lawsuit could trump yours.
you get your $20k back, but then owe $250K in damages.
slipper slope your standing on.

Why don't you tell people exactly what happened from your end?

They probably don't want to wallow in the pigsty you've created. Who would?

All you've done is create a pop corn eating extravaganza, and make your self look remarkably stupid.

I'm prone to the odd stupid mistake, as we all are (well speaking for myself anyway). Except I know generally when to stop digging myself deeper and deeper. You keep on going.

. Refund us and this thing will be over.

Thats it!

Your either naive or serially stupid. This thread will exist in the ether for ever. It's never going away. This thing will never be over

In 20 years time when the nurse is wiping the drool away from my mouth, and the other one is wiping my arse, my mind will wander (as it does now) and for some reason this thread will pop up, and I'll think to myself.

"that CNCWoodarts" what a bonehead"

Now if I have hot nurses tending to me (bed baths come to mind) the last thing I'll be thinking about is you and your self made problem

Your only salvation will be if an asteroid hits the server PM is stored on.

Last edited:
We like usen the dude as a punching bag, but it is super lame they didn't give his money back.
They are out nothing, its software, they pound the rest of us enough to make up for the occasional loss.

I would have never brought it here though, legalities.

I would have filed suit a long time a go.
Done the lawsuit thing plenty of times.

I am going to post the entire communication chain with soldicam all over the internet if I have to. It's not over. If they still don't refund us, we will setup a small claims court case.

Don't release it all over the 'net.

It would be considered bad behavior, and would make you look more douchy then you do now.

Especially as it will look like extortion as a prelude to going to small claims court.

---------------------------

Why haven't you gone to small claims court already?

It doesn't require an attorney, you fill out the paperwork (it's simple) go file, you get a date. Go to court, and if Solidworks doesn't defend itself you get a judgement.

So you haven't gone because you don't have a case? is that it Forest?

We like usen the dude as a punching bag, but it is super lame they didn't give his money back.
They are out nothing, its software, they pound the rest of us enough to make up for the occasional loss.

I would have never brought it here though, legalities.

I would have filed suit a long time a go.
Done the lawsuit thing plenty of times.
I'd be a lot more on the side of this if solidcam were the ones who threw in the towel and said they couldn't make the post. Op is basically saying he didn't get what he wanted fast enough (assuming the post actually completely doesn't work) and then told them they weren't allowed to work on it anymore. Now he's complaining that they still haven't given him a post. Obviously they haven't given him a post, he told them to stop developing it. Knowing how solidcam operates, I bet there are at least 10 posts that came with the software that would drive that machine right now.

If they actually couldn't give him a post and admitted they weren't capable of it, then sure refund 100%. But I would never expect to get a refund on something that required back and forth development and multiple subjective changes on the my end that I just abruptly told the manufacturer they weren't allowed to do work on anymore.

Its a shame the EULA prohibits resale. I'd buy that seat for 3500-4k in a heartbeat and write my own post for it if solidcam would bless the sale and had some way of acting as a pseudo escrow. That obviously wont happen, though.

The guy does do some interesting stuff.

Evidently very creative.

Can't imagine the stress he's created for himself is helping the creative process.

For his own sanity and health, personal or business, I'd let this one go. It's not worth it.

This personal crusade is not going to do him (I assume it's a him, maybe it's an insane her) any good.

--------------------------------

Doctor T406 has a prescription for you:

Go surf, smell the roses (or whatever you smell on the Islands) drink some beer, bang some ho's, spank a monkey or two, enjoy life.

Its a shame the EULA prohibits resale. I'd buy that seat for 3500-4k in a heartbeat and write my own post for it if solidcam would bless the sale and had some way of acting as a pseudo escrow. That obviously wont happen, though.

OP did try to sell the seat a while ago

OP did try to sell the seat a while ago

I know. But I think it was pretty universally determined that he's not allowed to sell it. He used some excuse that he's not a "user" so the EULA doesn't apply to him. That's WAY more risk than I want to deal with. The phone number coming back to a 80 year old living in LA raised some eyebrows as well....

I know. But I think it was pretty universally determined that he's not allowed to sell it. He used some excuse that he's not a "user" so the EULA doesn't apply to him. That's WAY more risk than I want to deal with. The phone number coming back to a 80 year old living in LA raised some eyebrows as well....

o_O :eek: :eek: 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Back