What's new
What's new

10EE feed clutch disks

Fred T

Cast Iron
Gents,
My monarch is in need of some newer parts. the feed clutch adjustment is all the way in and the longitudinal axis still slips some. Where do I purchase replacement disks or do I make them?

Thank you
FredT

S
Gents,
My monarch is in need of some newer parts. the feed clutch adjustment is all the way in and the longitudinal axis still slips some. Where do I purchase replacement disks or do I make them?

Thank you
FredT
Something is wrong here. There are no friction disks to replace. If you look at parts sheet 143 in the 1965 manual, the cross-feed clutch consists of a taper on the inner surface of gear EE-3521 and the taper on insert EE-1326 (longitudinal clutch is similar). You a NOT going to like the price of either of those parts and I can't imagine how you could wear them out. I suspect that someone had the apron apart and didn't assemble it correctly or replaced one of the thrust bearings with one that's the wrong thickness. If you're out of adjustment, a spacer could be added behind EE-1326 to move it in a bit.

What are you using for apron lube? If you're using something weird, like automatic transmission fluid, it might be too slick to allow the clutch to operate properly.

I wondered if the OP meant that tapered cone piece Cal mentioned…
That is awesome that it can be shimmed if it really is worn bad enough.

I was going to respond and Cal beat me to it, but my memory of those friction assemblies was too fuzzy to give an authoritative answer. If shims can be utilized to fix the problem, that would be great, but don't get your hopes up. I remember having to re-engineer the outboard shaft bush/stop which was originally taper pinned to the friction shaft. I made a new shaft which was fine threaded on that end with a mating adjustable bush and lock. I figured in the future, if the assy. wore past its normal limit, you could take up the slack with this retrofitted adjustable bush, and of course that would require removing the apron. But I can safely say this will not happen in my lifetime.

Last edited:
I have a pair of complete feed clutches, so I’m sure I could beat Monarch’s price by a huge percentage. Contact me if you’re interested. Complete means the whole assembly incl. levers.

Gentlemen,
Thank you all for the info and guidance, my apologies for not responding sooner. I am not sure where timer goes these days but it sure seems to fly by. I will need to take things apart and have a look I guess. At least now I have a direction. Thank you too for the link to the manual.

Thanks again
Fred T

Back