What's new
What's new

1997 Brother TC-229N Thread cutting Option not enabled

Mikeda75

Plastic
I recently purchased and setup an old Brother tapping center. I have a working post in fusion 360 and I have been able to get just about everything working correctly including the g100 non stop tool change and the g77 tapping cycle.

I am trying to get helical moves working but I get error 1224 *No thread cutting. The manual says this mean the thread cutting option was not installed. I there any way to enable helical moves on my machine?

Any help would be appreciated. I recently digitized the entire programming manual if anyone would like it.

Attachments

• IMG_5753.JPG
    IMG_5753.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Since you are using Fusion 360 you could linearize the code, as in using small straight segments instead of an arc with Z-axis movement. The only downside is the size of the file, but if you are only doing a few holes that won't be a problem. This is how Fusion posts tapered threads such as NPT.

I did try to go this route but the TC-229n does no allow xyz moves. It only accepts xy xz or yz moves so I pretty much out of luck on any helical motions.

I recently purchased and setup an old Brother tapping center. I have a working post in fusion 360 and I have been able to get just about everything working correctly including the g100 non stop tool change and the g77 tapping cycle.

I am trying to get helical moves working but I get error 1224 *No thread cutting. The manual says this mean the thread cutting option was not installed. I there any way to enable helical moves on my machine?

Any help would be appreciated. I recently digitized the entire programming manual if anyone would like it.

You might be able to do 1 helical 360 movement but not multiple.
Possible to program each thread individually.

I do most of my circular moves in incremental.

Back