What's new
What's new

Brother TC 229 Alarm error code 167

Robert Wayne

Plastic
I have a Brother TC 229 I've owned for 20 years. I was doing a tool change and during the process the carousel stopped and error code 167 appeared. I have no idea how to resolve this issue.

I have a Brother TC 229 I've owned for 20 years. I was doing a tool change and during the process the carousel stopped and error code 167 appeared. I have no idea how to resolve this issue.
Look on the left hand side of the tool changer turret in the back there is a proximity sensor there maybe a chunk of shit fell on it,also remove the center tool changer plate and check for globs of stuff there. It is probably something stupid as this is a simple tool changer.

Look on the left hand side of the tool changer turret in the back there is a proximity sensor there maybe a chunk of shit fell on it,also remove the center tool changer plate and check for globs of stuff there. It is probably something stupid as this is a simple tool changer.
There is no apparent proximity sensor or any opening to facilitate a sensor. No wires to or from the area. I opened up the front cover and it os spotless inside. Is it possible I've overlooked it or could the sensor be in another place? Thanks for the reply.

There is no apparent proximity sensor or any opening to facilitate a sensor. No wires to or from the area. I opened up the front cover and it os spotless inside. Is it possible I've overlooked it or could the sensor be in another place? Thanks for the reply.
On the left hand side of the turret remove the 2 screws that hold the plastic piece about the 10:00 position on the tool turret.You are going to have 10 or 14 probably 14 plastic tool covers on the turret. When you remove the plastic piece you will see the proximity switch behind the metal finger that holds the tool.You might have to remove a couple of covers to access the switch.I have a 227 not a 229 but are very similar. Look for crud on the switch or wipe dry.
The error code 167 Magazine Index Error and says your cam sensor is on,magazine is not correctly indexed.

Back