What's new
What's new

doosan lynx220lm help

farmerwright

Plastic
got a Doosan 220 lathe here at work that I'm trying to get running. it's been sitting for a few years and had the battery's died while it sat. I had to reset the parameters to reset the x and z axis because it settled and lost its home while it sat, once I was done with that I thought my problems were over but now I'm realizing I was wrong... now after setting the z axis in g54 it seems to not know where to go. I set g54 by selecting tool T0101 and brought it to the stock, then entered Z0 measure on the control- is there something I'm missing?? when I go into the MDI screen I enter:
O0000;
G20G40G80;
GOT0101;
G54;
G0X2.25Z.1
%
when I enter this (or any other program) the tool moves towards the tailstock (wrong direction) then over travels and alarms out. I've never had this much trouble trying to set up a machine and I don't know if its something I'm missing or if the dead battery's had a different affect then what we thought. thank you guys for any advise you have

Does the machine have a tool setter?
If so, set the tools using the tool setter, then set the work coordinate after.
If not, set the tools off the work piece, then set the Work Coordinate.

Does the machine have a tool setter?
If so, set the tools using the tool setter, then set the work coordinate after.
If not, set the tools off the work piece, then set the Work Coordinate.
machine does have a tool setter and all tools were touched of prior to setting the G54

So if you call G54; T0101; in mdi and move to the stock the z value is correct but with automatic mode not?

Back