What's new
What's new

Doosan TT2100ssyyb illegal condition in spindle rotation error (2054)

neinfear

Plastic
As in the title, im running a two turret doosan puma. And i cant get the spindles to run. If i run in sync they run? (IE s100 m213)
G97s100m3p11 or s100 m3 none of that works.
So this problem comes after changing out the spindle liner, changing the collet, im using royal precision collets, i changed the position on the sensors trying to do everything according to the POORLY written book. Ive moved the sensors in every which way you could possibly think to move them to make sure that that wasnt the issue but who knows. The machine also has a bar feeder, with no errors and was in manual operation. So far ive tried removing the liner, going back to the collet that was im before i changed things, sensors in everywhich way. To be clear on the chucking sensors, open the P1 sensor light is on, closed nothing is on, and doesnt even flip P2. My chuck switch is set to clamp the OD and lights up when closed. Ive tried running the program that was just running in the machine. Nothing i do gets this spindle to budge except syncing up the main and the subspindle. Machine was running just fine yesterday. Could this be an issue with a breaker? I dont have the key to access it to check. Could it be the tool setter? I did just use it? Is it possible for the sensor on the setter to silently fail? Ive tried power cycling the machine, and that didnt do anything. Maybe the better question is what conditions need to be met for a single spindle to turn on?

Former Doosan/DN employee here.
A few things you can do:

MDI mode -
Enter -
M34;
M134;
- Cycle Start -

This puts both spindles back into "lathe mode" as many times one (or both) are in C axis (milling) mode and this causes issues with rotation.
Whenever I programmed one of those in the showroom, I would always end the program with -

~
~
~
M34;
M134;
M30
%
To ensure that both spindles were back in lathe (turning) mode.

Seriously? That will latch in?

RESET doesn't clear that?
A power cycle doesn't clear that?

WOW!
That's messed up!

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Former Doosan/DN employee here.
A few things you can do:

MDI mode -
Enter -
M34;
M134;
- Cycle Start -

This puts both spindles back into "lathe mode" as many times one (or both) are in C axis (milling) mode and this causes issues with rotation.
Whenever I programmed one of those in the showroom, I would always end the program with -

~
~
~
M34;
M134;
M30
%
To ensure that both spindles were back in lathe (turning) mode.

i do believe I did that. Would the m213 work if these C axis codes were active? Now i do start every shift by activating C Axis and sending them home, then running whatever program. I cant remember off the top of my head, but wouldnt that imply that lathe mode wasnt on, but the program i was running turned it back on. Like i said, ran fine all week with me homing C and not going out of my way to turn C mode off. Thank you for the reply.

M213 is Spindle forward Phase Sync - so the spindles would be turning forward, synched for speed AND Phase.
M206 would disengage it.
When homing in the morning, don't home the C axis as it will put the machine in Milling Mode, leave those alone and only home in the NC program when using them.
M213/M214 will NOT work in C axis mode at all, and attempts to do so will result in alarms.

M213 is Spindle forward Phase Sync - so the spindles would be turning forward, synched for speed AND Phase.
M206 would disengage it.
When homing in the morning, don't home the C axis as it will put the machine in Milling Mode, leave those alone and only home in the NC program when using them.
M213/M214 will NOT work in C axis mode at all, and attempts to do so will result in alarms.
Yah, i couldnt get it to run m3 but m213 worked? Why would this be?

Seriously? That will latch in?

RESET doesn't clear that?
A power cycle doesn't clear that?

WOW!
That's messed up!

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
Reset and Re-booting will NOT clear the machine back to lathe mode, it will stay in whatever mode it was in at shut down.
Yeah, I've had calls..

Here are the training manuals I wrote.

Attachments

• ADVANCED 30 series TC PROGRAMMING rev4 with 31i addendum.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 4
  • CNC Reference Guide(F30-31-32_G-n-M_CODE_Draft.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Just to be sure:
The main collet is closed - right?
And - if you are running prox sensors, you prolly should NOT have EITHER prox lit right now?
(It sounds like this is where you have it set)

And possibly check to make sure that the sub "closed" is not lit as well, but "open" may be OK?

---------------------

I am Ox and I approve this post!

Last edited:
Sorry fellas, back from work.
With our LNS barfeeder it has to be set to automatic or dry run. The machine didnt throw any errors indicating this, ive never used a bar feeder prior to this job. So i dont know if that's standard. So it was the stupid bar feeder the whole time.

Back