What's new
What's new

DV59/DSM59 Coolant Pump

Ronno6

Aluminum
I just purchased another Hardinge DV59/DSM59 turret lathe.
I had not noticed, but the coolant pump was not bolted down to the table/reservoir.
The pump is a Gusher 7P3
It works, but due to the design, the pump internal structure hits the sides of the tank and will not allow the mounting
holes in the pump to align with those in the base ring on the table.
Rotating the pump allows the pump base to become concentric with the base ring at only 1 position, and the mounting holes are
considerably off.............
So the pump was probably replaced or added to a machine that didn't have one to begin with.......
Anyone know what the original or recommended pump is for this machine?
My other Hardinge has a Graymills pump, but I really don't want to spring for a replacement.
I am planning on placing a band clamp around the base.... Not optimal, but should work ?
I could maybe drill and tap holes in the mounting ring, but that seems like a lot of toil..........

The one on mine is a "Gusher". As you suggest yours was probably replaced. If it were mine, I would simply drill new holes in the mounting ring.

Yup. 8P3 seems to be pretty popular...........
Mine is a 7P3...........Wonder what the difference is.........

Only difference between 7P3 and 8P3 is that the 7P3 pickup is 5/8" deeper into the tank than the 8P3.......... Mounting orientation and bolt pattern are identical.....

Back