What's new
What's new

Editing manual guide fixed sentences

GG917

Plastic
Hello everyone

New job, new lathe, I moved from a 8055 fagor lathe to a fanuc one. Programming in manual guide and a bit of longhand when needed. It's quite ok, but not as simple as the Fagor...
Anyway, I would like to modify some fixed sentences in manual guide. I know I can edit them in the program, but doing it everytime is getting boring really quickly!!!

Does any one know how to do that?

thanks!

G.G.

If you hit the setting soft key while in manual guide, there are options to import and export. You can open the exported .DAT file on your PC using notepad (or something similar) for editing and then import the file at the machine.

thanks for yuor reply. At the moment we cannot export files on a PC from the machine, no USB port and not connected... So I'm looking for editing the fixed sentence directly on the controller at the moment (connecting the machine is in progress, via the PCMCIA port !)

In that same menu with export/import there is alter. Hitting alter on your selected form will bring up a dialog box just like you were making a new one, but will be filled out with the file name and saved code.

Hello everyone

New job, new lathe, I moved from a 8055 fagor lathe to a fanuc one. Programming in manual guide and a bit of longhand when needed. It's quite ok, but not as simple as the Fagor...
Anyway, I would like to modify some fixed sentences in manual guide. I know I can edit them in the program, but doing it everytime is getting boring really quickly!!!

Does any one know how to do that?

thanks!

G.G.
On Fanuc controls for Doosan/DN, the EZ Guide i (Manual Guide i for the rest of the world) is pretty straight forward for fixed forms.
ezg 1.jpg
This is the EZ Guide display in edit mode.

ezg 2.jpg

Pressing the "Fixed Frm" Key gives this display.

ezg 3.jpg

Fixed forms look like this. Note that "Form 1" is always the "Start" Key, and "Form 5" is always the "End" key.
Data can be written in as needed and EOB is needed after each line (of block) of code.

ezg 4.jpg

Pretty straight forward.

ezg 5.jpg

"Reading" data into the CNC is pretty easy as seen above.

ezg 6.jpg

Same for exporting data.

This feature makes it easier to get a new machine to behave like an older one that has already been set to one's liking as well as making certain redundant commands such as tool changes, etc, less burdensome.

OK I got it today. The machine is "french" fanuc despite being spanish so I think there is some confusions in the translations. I need to go the the FIXFRM menu and then to edit the already existing fixed form I need to press the "create" button. Yep a bit misleading but it quite an old control (21i). I have finally modified my "new turning tool" sentence that always put a "M1" in the wrong place!

thanks for your help!

OK I got it today. The machine is "french" fanuc despite being spanish so I think there is some confusions in the translations. I need to go the the FIXFRM menu and then to edit the already existing fixed form I need to press the "create" button. Yep a bit misleading but it quite an old control (21i). I have finally modified my "new turning tool" sentence that always put a "M1" in the wrong place!

thanks for your help!
My pleasure.
Yes, your version of Ez Guide is an earlier one. The screen shots above are from a brand new install.

Back