What's new
What's new

Fagor 800T Based Controller - Unable to Connect through RS232 Port

My programs have a .pim extension. I just save text files with that extension instead of .txt. WinDNC automatically adds the escape character at the end of the program when sending to the control.

Bill

Speaking of this... do you happen to have a postprocessor for the 8020? That would probably work fine for 800T as well... hopefully.

A post processor for what CAM software?

I just use notepad or other text editor for hand coding.

Bill

Never mind, I found one for CAMWORKS. PM if interested.

But more errors of course (will they ever end?). Whenever a linear interpolation command G01 is requested to be executed the code and the machine halts.

EDIT: Turns out it's because the spindle refuses to spin, even when not in DNC mode. Is it possible that there is some parameter that prohibits the spindle from spinning? Jogging still turns the spindle. The machine was last used a few months ago I believe.

A post processor for what CAM software?

I just use notepad or other text editor for hand coding.

Bill

Getting there finally!

How are the programs displayed over there on the screen of the controller? Here both when uploading the program and pausing for tool change, the screen shows commands from elsewhere. When running everything looks fine. A problem for tool change, in general it would be nice to be able to see the upcoming code when continuing/starting the part-program.

WinDNC on the other hand does not display the execution of code at all.

Back