What's new
What's new

FP3 feed problem

nanung

Plastic
Hi all

I just bought FP3 (1983) with Heidenhain DRO and Labod circuit inside.
I think it is FP3 Aktiv.
The problem is, this heidenhain is broken, the lights are on, but the 7 segment display doesnt come out, and its S/N also been gone --- i dont know how much it costs to repair it.
i think will replace the heidenhain with general DRO.
second problem is, it only can generate constant speed of axis, and i believe its a rapid feedrate, feed selector (potentiometer is not working).

Can i replace original heidenhain with common DRO available on market?
what is the cause of constant feedrate? is it because the potentiometer? i check the existing potentio (R1V) is on 10k ohm, is it the correct one or not? i did search the internet and i can not find the correct spec for R1V potentiometer in deckel wiring diagram.

thank you and waiting any advise from all of you

Attachments

• potentio.jpg
    potentio.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 4
You can buy repaired TNC111 or TNC 114 DRO at Singer with a trade inn of the broken one
Any modern HH DRO will fit
And as I notice you have the electrical diagram you can see it needs a jumper removed or placed
10K is the correct potmeter
A good way to check the drive to put the pot directly on the Labod board
That way you can say if it is the controle or any other component
Replacements for the Labod are not that expencive at the OEM which is now unitek.eu

Perhaps the tacho is wired in reverse

Peter

The problem is, this heidenhain is broken, the lights are on, but the 7 segment display doesnt come out, and its S/N also been gone --- i dont know how much it costs to repair it.

I've fixed a number of Heidenhain displays during the past ten years. In all of them the problem was with the internal DC power supplies, and easy/cheap to fix. See below for information about the first of these:

Back