What's new
What's new

Hitachi Seiki HITEC-TURN 20 SII (Seiki Multi) - Putty Terminal

simock03

Plastic
Hello,
We have a Hitachi Seiki HITEC-TURN 20 SII which uses the Seiki Multi control panel.
We are trying to allow users to import/export programs from a laptop, we have the Putty terminal installed with a USB-RS232 connector and we have tried the following settings (separated by a /) but they have not worked, any ideas on if this is possible and if so what have I gotten wrong?

Putty Terminal:
Speed(baud): 9600 / 4800 / 2400
Data Bits: 8 / 7
Stop Bits: 2 / 1
Parity: None / Even
Flow Control: XON/XOFF / None

Seiki Panel:
Speed(baud): 9600 / 4800 / 2400
Stop Bits: 2 / 1
Control: Used / Available

We are not attached to Putty so if there is some other terminal interface that works i would be interested in that too, any help is greatly appriciated.

The settings that worked on my (older) HT-20 was:

Speed(baud): 9600
Data Bits:7
Stop Bits 1
Parity: ODD
Flow Control: XON/XOFF / None ( not in my python program)

Seiki Panel:
Stop Bits:1
Control: Available

I'm not all the way there, but I did get program OUT of the machine, but not into the machine.

The settings that worked on my (older) HT-20 was:

Data Bits:7
Stop Bits 1
Parity: ODD
Flow Control: XON/XOFF / None ( not in my python program)

Seiki Panel:
Stop Bits:1
Control: Available

I'm not all the way there, but I did get program OUT of the machine, but not into the machine.

Yeah i have now managed to get a program out but not back in. frustrating.

It seems odd you can send a program one way, have you ever managed to send programs? Have you tried different cables and computers? real com port or USB?

i have one machine (Hitachi Seiki but with the secos control) that stoped receiving programs, turns out the chip on the motherboard that handles receiving RS232 had died overnight. found a replacement and got a friend who's good with SMD to solder it on.

Back