What's new
What's new

I have just bought a Birmingham milling machine China mainland or Taiwan?

Like the tittle says I have bought a pristine Birmingham BPV-1054-C milling machine with R8 spindle Variator and powerfeed
No 10 hours in use
I am in Europe but the machine was imported from the USA So 220/440volts 3ph 60Hz
First question is Is it chinese or taiwanese ??
Second question is What is its value ??
It will be for sale BTW

Peter

The value depends on its condition and local prices. Look around and try to price others of similar condition and type. Second question is why did you buy it if you intended to sell it? My experience with Birmingham stuff is usually not highly regarded. A friend of mine bought a new Birmingham lathe several years ago. He made the dealer take it back, nothing but trouble.
JH

The value depends on its condition and local prices. Look around and try to price others of similar condition and type. Second question is why did you buy it if you intended to sell it? My experience with Birmingham stuff is usually not highly regarded. A friend of mine bought a new Birmingham lathe several years ago. He made the dealer take it back, nothing but trouble.
JH
The OP is a dealer, you usually have to first buy what you are going to sell.

Last edited:
First question is Is it chinese or taiwanese ??

Dunno about their mills but every Birmingham lathe I've seen (including rather large ones) were made in China. The one here says head made in Taiwan but body made in China ! Funny, never noticed a "hybrid" machine tool before...

Back