What's new
What's new

Mastercam 5 axis post processor information request

thank you all for the responses, thank you for your help! it looks like I'm going to have to tell my boss to kick dirt and actually pay for one, the reason I haven't disclosed the company I work for is because I suspect the Mastercam licenses we have are cracked, and I know sometimes people get pissy about that, he told me that after I posted the original thread that he could modify the files from any mastercam version, so on the rare chance that someone has the machine I could probably convince bossman to trade some files for the other machines in the shop, (several big DOOSAN/Haas I can give a real list if anyone cares) , for the required 5axis files
only a matter of time before mastercam notices and sues you. airgap at the very least.

only a matter of time before mastercam notices and sues you. airgap at the very least.
I personally put every machine running anything related to machining and cad on its own network that is disconnected from the internet, im not a noob at IT lol

You also want to have the simulator behave the same way as your post, so depending on the machine they may need to customize the simulator by connecting it to the post. You actually end up with two copies of the post in the machine files and need a serial number for the simulator etc.

thank you all for the responses, thank you for your help! it looks like I'm going to have to tell my boss to kick dirt and actually pay for one, the reason I haven't disclosed the company I work for is because I suspect the Mastercam licenses we have are cracked, and I know sometimes people get pissy about that, he told me that after I posted the original thread that he could modify the files from any mastercam version, so on the rare chance that someone has the machine I could probably convince bossman to trade some files for the other machines in the shop, (several big DOOSAN/Haas I can give a real list if anyone cares) , for the required 5axis files
Your boss is gonna have to pay for a full version of Mastercam. And as other have said, if he can afford a Mikron, he can afford some software. In order to get a post for that machine, you will have to have a license that the post developer will tie the post to. You won't be able to reach out to a post developer without going through a reseller.

And if a boss insists on saving a few bucks by running cracked software, where else is he cutting corners? I'd be looking for a new place of employment.

$7500 for what one of my customers uses... I didn't pay for it thank goodness
we paid ~15k each for our post/simulation with probing routines for ibarmia and zimmerman. but we get TOP NOTCH support, and any edit i need is usually done within hours or next day at the latest. worth every penny

Back