What's new
What's new

Monarch Serial Numbers

First hand knowledge. I worked in Engineering at The Monarch for 10 years, and had a long discussion with the chief engineer at the time. We went through the books he had and they were way off.
Way off in what respect?
When were s/n's assigned, when the machine entered the assembly process or when it shipped?

- Leigh

Way off in what respect?
When were s/n's assigned, when the machine entered the assembly process or when it shipped?

- Leigh

The years list for serial numbers rangers were off by as much as 10 years. Some listing had completely wrong serial numbers. There are a lot of holes with them. I think the list here is a good source as it coming of real machines.

Missed some info, machine has taper attachment, came with tailstock.

Not really sure what we got with this machine but I know it's more then we need where inwork

Just Purchased s/n 49153

Here are the ones I own or have owned.
53682 10EEx20 I/M T/A Regen drive 1987 sold to Boeing
52482 10EEx20 I/M T/A ELSR modular drive 1/1980 sold to IBM
49159 10EEx30 I T/A ELSR modular drive 1968 sold to Boeing

The 49159 does not match the table that well (would have been 1966). However, the 30 inchers being rare, it could have been sitting for a while.

WC-

just purchased s/n 49153 of which was manufactured in 1967 and is also a 10ee x 30 with ELSR and was originally Sold to Matrix in NJ.
Mike

just picked up a 10 x20 ee 51784 4/ 76 with no tailstock anybody have one that i can aford to buy ?

My Monarch 10EE was delivered to Buick Motors in November 1944. It's serial number is 26080. It came with the electronic leadscrew, tailstock, follow rest and steady rest, (the original invoice, manual and shipping papers came with the machine) unfortunately the last two didn't make it to me ))-:

Post #32 (mine about my serial number and an interesting symbol) was followed by #34 where Bill suggested the bed had been re-ground, and #36 where Leigh said the interesting symbol was US Army Ordnance Corps . . . not that any of this 'really' matters, but does the suggestion the bed was re-ground and the serial number re-stamped, still hold? Any way to confirm? Merely curious and wish I'd thought to inquire when the posts was still active-ish. As for the machine, I remain very pleased with it.

Looking at the chart provided in the linked discussion, 1937 ended with serial number 5779. My 12KK has a manufacture date of 12-1937 and serial number of 5749. Looks like a match by number and time-frame...
P1000470.jpg

I just bought a 10ee ELSR serial number 45099 build date 9/1961.
60 years old.
DSC01940.jpg

With the packet of info that came with it, is this proposal
at a price of $9,020.00 in 1958. The accessories are also
priced out.
Monarch_proposal_price_1.jpg
Monarch_proposal_price_2.jpg

I also got blue prints (remember those) of the control
circuitry but they are dated 1948 so they probably don't
apply to my machine.

I recently bought serial #53555. Originally sold to E.I. DuPont DeNemours & Co. for the Savannah River Site. It's an Inch/Metric, regenerative drive with ELSR, I/M & SARS. My Phase Perfect converter just arrived this past week, but it's setup for 208v, so I’m on the hunt for a transformer.

Attachments

• 8B986DC7-E1DF-4EE7-BE06-B3FCC090DDAD.jpeg
    8B986DC7-E1DF-4EE7-BE06-B3FCC090DDAD.jpeg
    787 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back