What's new
What's new

Need Help

Jmu23

Plastic
I’m in my second year at my job and got tasked to make a new coupling. Having trouble getting the part to gage. It’s a 1/2 inch T.T half coupling 304 SS. The L1 gages fine but the L3 gage goes all the way to the bottom of the coupling. Also the threading inserts seem to break often. Making this out of a sold bar. Not sure what more I formation is need to get help since I barely have 2 years of experience.

At a guess it sounds like the 'R' value in the second line of your G76 (if you're using G76) is incorrect and you're not threading enough of a taper - you're thread isn't getting smaller as you're threading in the hole.

Meaningless thread title. You should edit it to be more descriptive before the moderator locks it. PM folks are kinda picky about stuff like this. Post your threading code if you want some useful feedback.

I’m in my second year at my job and got tasked to make a new coupling. Having trouble getting the part to gage. It’s a 1/2 inch T.T half coupling 304 SS. The L1 gages fine but the L3 gage goes all the way to the bottom of the coupling. Also the threading inserts seem to break often. Making this out of a sold bar. Not sure what more I formation is need to get help since I barely have 2 years of experience.
I agree with AJ. It sound like your taper is wrong or nonexistant. Posting the code would help a lot and what control and machine.

Reactions: aj

Back