What's new
What's new

NEW/NEVER USED BEARINGS - Total Quantity 72

he also lists another identified Gamet pair ,and Id think there may a full set for one lathe...............I d assume they would know what lathe they were bought for

If the OP was offering (say) new Hardinge HLV-H or Monarch 10EE headstock bearings super cheap, would y'al be complaining about participation?

I wouldn't be.
All good and well but a good number of those bearings haven't been kept in their protective wrappers.

Not to bad for the run of the mill application but I would be leery of monarch spindle bearings handled in this manner.
Hodge

Last edited:
If you buy a new bearing from a industrial bearing house and it comes inside a blue cardboard box and it say bearing on the box and it's not a factory brand box like Timken, NSK, Bardon, SKF, etc. it is either a bearing Baker bought not in a box or they 'rebuilt it" I used to see that from time to time when I had the shop. Baker doesn't sell bearings to the public, they only sell to wholesale to bearing houses or Industrial supplies who then sells it to you.. If I got one I would send it back and say I wanted a "brand New bearing from the mfg. not from Baker" . That's why you need to inspect bearings when you get them for wear marks on the races or the ID to see if they are scratched.

Look at the bearings in the first picture, those are not new in the box, those are bearing that were removed for being faulty and replaced then the old bearing was put back in the box. No machinery dealer would stock new ball or roller bearings there would be thousands to stock. This is just another example off what sort of lowlife sell used machinery.

I was talking in general about buying bearings and not this OP's thread. I have purchased supposed new bearings from new bearing houses and they ordered them from Baker or a bearing rebuilder like this one. https://www.bmcbearing.com/bearing-repair . The Op's spindle bearings look worn to me. I suspect the bearings are worn or someone had it apart and didn't put them back on correctly. I bet if you ask in the Hurco - Milltronics forum if someone has a parts manual for a Hurco - you might get lucky.

Last edited:
Hold on... "rebuilt bearing".... how do you rebuild a bearing? Regrind the races and new balls/rollers?
In the dark, with lapping compound, when no one is around....re-pack with peanut butter.
Make sure you use Jiffy smooth, not crunchy.

Last edited:

Back