What's new
What's new

New to me FP1, Looking for parts trades?

markp

Hot Rolled
I picked up an FP1 yesterday. All working great, no visible wear on the ways, (except the coolant pump that is noisy and wont pump the cutting oil that was still in the sump). It came with a set of decker branded collets and the MT4 adapter for the smaller decker collets.

However, it didn't have the lower half of the tilting table, just the top. It did come with the tilting dividing head. Im going to make another pass at the location at some point, but Im pretty sure the place chucked that part at some point.

Wondering if anyone with a tilting table wants to trade for the tilting indexer? Its got a set of three plates and the angle division plate, as well as a chuck adapter. Ive got dividing heads up the yahoo and a DMU50V so not much call for manual dividing heads here.

Attachments

• IMG_6061.jpg
    IMG_6061.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_6062.jpg
    IMG_6062.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_6063.jpg
    IMG_6063.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6060.jpg
    IMG_6060.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 131
Nice machine -- it looks very clean -- is the paint original?

A lot of shops in Germany have a handful of FP1 machines, set up differently. The setup you have, with the dividing head on the vertical table, is one of the very common configurations. Anytime some works need to go on a dividing head, it goes to that machine. Saves a lot of set up time and humping accessories around.

Be sure not to inject grease where way oil goes. Have you checked that no one else has done this in the past?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if that indexer will fit on a FP3? If so, maybe you’d like to sell and use the proceeds to fund a table. Nice machine!

Just a passing note, judging from the face plate that dividing head will be a #4 Morse spindle and have a threaded nose.
T-slot spacing will indeed fit an FP3, however the spindle tooling will not interchange....
Cheers Ross

Seems like there’s so many different variations of Deckel tooling. I’m trying to figure out when you’d want to use spindle tooling in this indexer?

Just a passing note, judging from the face plate that dividing head will be a #4 Morse spindle and have a threaded nose.
T-slot spacing will indeed fit an FP3, however the spindle tooling will not interchange....
Cheers Ross

I’m trying to figure out when you’d want to use spindle tooling in this indexer?

It doesn't seem so far fetch to have to mill some feature on the end of a short piece of shaft that would fit perfectly in an ER collet. Even though ER collet are "supposed" to be used for tooling, it is perfectly reasonable to use them to hold parts when appropriate.

Just my $0.02

Jacques

The later dividing heads are made with 40 taper spindles....lots more tooling available for that setup. Have used the normal Deckel 40 taper direct mounting collets (generally used to hold cutting tools)
to mount parts to be machined via the dividing head. Also as Jacques points out that other styles can also be fitted here....more current choices..
My only point is that likely you already have tooling for the 40 taper spindle of your FP3, so perhaps having a dividing head that can use the same might be to your advantage....

Really there are only two different styles of manual Deckel spindles and hence two different styles of tooling,,,,,#4 Morse (early FP1 only) or #40 ...(FP2,FP3 FP4 and late FP1)

Cheers Ross

Thanks, Ive got the threaded top plate for now. I indicated the indexer today and seems fairly rigid. Ill just keep my eye out for a table or make a new base for the top I have. BTW this looks like one of the last of the older model to roll out, #36885. I found some receipts indicating purchase from COSA in 1968.

Duh! Makes sense!

It doesn't seem so far fetch to have to mill some feature on the end of a short piece of shaft that would fit perfectly in an ER collet. Even though ER collet are "supposed" to be used for tooling, it is perfectly reasonable to use them to hold parts when appropriate.

Just my $0.02

Jacques

Back