What's new
What's new

O/T: 35 mm Camera & lenses, free to good home, plus shipping

Joe Michaels

Diamond
My old 35 mm camera and lenses have not been used in many years, and need to find a new home. Here is a listing of what I have:

camera body: Konica Autoreflex TC, bought new by me in 1977. If that camera could talk, it would tell tales of being aboard Great Lakes ore boats in the engine rooms, of going
on overseas jobs and much more. Unfortunately, the electronics in the camera quit working. Otherwise body and mechanical parts work fine.

lenses: Konica Hexanon 28 mm
55 mm (Konica lens)
Sigma High speed Zoom lense with skylight filter
Vivitar MC Tele Converter 2X-7
a few filters & lens caps as well as caps to protect the mounting ends of the lenses and camera body

If anyone has some use for the whole lot, please PM me. The camera case is showing its age, and I had engraved my name and social security number on each component. I will
obliterate the SSN with a vibrating engraver prior to shipping. I will put the whole lot in a carton & ship via priority mail. The main thing is that the camera and lenses go to someone who has some use for them, either as components, parts, or simply collecting older 35 mm cameras and lenses. I doubt the shipping will be more than $ 20.00, so will ask only for reimbursement on the shipping (continental US). Overseas is another matter, and I am happy to entertain the idea of shipping the camera and lenses there if someone outside the continental USA wants them.

Digital cameras and phones have obsoleted the 35 mm cameras using film. I remember coming back from overseas jobs with rolls of exposed 35 mm film and dropping it off at "Fotomat". Wait a few days and discover what good pictures and what washouts or bad photos there were, paying for developing all exposed frames on the rolls of film. Digital cameras and phones with instant pictures and instant ability to delete and re-take sure changed all of that. In a way, I miss the old 35 mm film cameras. This is because my wife and other people cannot let too long a time anywhere at any event go by without needing to snap away, wanting us to stop for pictures. Try to get a job done, see the sights at a national park or historic site, or eat a meal at a family event gets drawn out into endless 'stop, I gotta get a picture of this'. Back in the days of 35 mm film, a roll had, at most 36 exposures. You had only so many rolls of film on you, and you were going to have to pay by the picture for processing. Kept the taking of pictures short and sweet. A lot of good memories of trips, experiences, jobs, and the people, place, and times I lived and worked amongst were recorded by that old camera and its lenses. Time for the whole works to go to a new home. Too good to toss, the local charitable organizations do not want film cameras, let alone non-working ones, so hopefully, someone here will speak up for it.

I don’t need another 35mm camera but might be interested in a Speed Graphic. I’ve been playing with an old 2x3 Speed Graphic Miniature and quite enjoy the process.

I don’t think they’ve quite reached the Free status yet.

I have a 4x5 Crown Graphic and a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Crown, plus a couple of Graphic View Cameras. My old 4x5 was bought when I was in high school, I traded an ancient 4x5 speed for the crown which came from the local newspaper.
Ben

Back