What's new
What's new

OT: Personal Data Collection badgering and popups

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using apple, Little Snitch is wonderful. It will block all that crap.

You can do the same thing with ipfilter but it's a lot more work.

This. I have Little Snitch installed on all my Apple computers. You'd be amazed at just how many bits of software want to tattle home with your data without asking for permission.

FKT

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but since signing on to PM this morning, I have been getting a constant cookies (privacy notificaton) popup. Does not seem to matter if you select what settings you want, when you go to a new page or reopen in the browser, the notification comes back.

Any ideas as to getting rid of this? Maybe a setting in by browser?

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but since signing on to PM this morning, I have been getting a constant cookies (privacy notificaton) popup. Does not seem to matter if you select what settings you want, when you go to a new page or reopen in the browser, the notification comes back.

Any ideas as to getting rid of this? Maybe a setting in by browser?

Same problem here.

There's a largish thread about this problem elsewhere on the forums. 1) Everybody is experiencing it. 2) The admins know about it. 3) The IT guys (who created the problem) have been turned loose to solve it.

I logged in today and a pop up window keeps coming up telling me they want to share my personal info with 3rd parties. WTF????

QT:(The IT guys (who created the problem) have been turned loose to solve it.0

Got to grind up that pop up and put it out in the sludge bucket, then set it on a rocket and send it to the moon. Musk and Waste Management said they will do it for 6 trillion Herns... A Hern is a knickel in moon money..
Ground up pop ups would make a good parking lot for Trumps new moon hotel.

Adblock Plus, then select block specific element on page, select the entire ad, done.

Goodbye cruel world. I'll resurrect when pop-up is gone. The cookie add-ons are pointless; they just accept all cookies, so its like clicking accept all on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back