What's new
What's new

OT - vanishing threads

eKretz

Diamond; Mod Squad
Hey fellas, since I've gotten several PMs about this now, just wanted to let you know that I am aware of this problem and have sent admin an email asking them to look into it. It seems that several recent threads in this section have vanished at some point overnight. I'll update when I hear something.

Hey fellas, since I've gotten several PMs about this now, just wanted to let you know that I am aware of this problem and have sent admin an email asking them to look into it. It seems that several recent threads in this section have vanished at some point overnight. I'll update when I hear something.
lmao I thought you meant machined threads until I read your post :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . I was like wth he doing to his threads?

Can an OP nuke a thread?

The guy with the brake disk fasteners was getting it pretty hard. He's probably grateful the thread went away

eKretz just a fyi , I had a pm this morning & when I read it it already said " this conversation closed for new replies " . Don't know if its related to the vanishing threads ?
animal

Yeah, that wasn't going so well for him. Can tell some of these guys have not been around working men a whole lot.

That's the first thing you learn starting out in English machine shops, learn to get along with your fellow workers, or get run over (figuratively speaking) right quick.

Yeah, that wasn't going so well for him. Can tell some of these guys have not been around working men a whole lot.
I don't think it was even that.

It was a really dumb thing for a novice to persist at having made as a one off, just to save a few bucks on an open wheel race car. A crowd of experts will usually try and teach and hint when someone is being stupid. But if ignored, they're going to rightly hit'em over the head with it. Then he becomes a joke.

He doesn't really need to buy any bolts at all for his race car. He can just stock up on nuts and a few different sizes of threaded rod. Cut and debur as needed.

I don't think it was even that.

It was a really dumb thing for a novice to persist at having made as a one off, just to save a few bucks on an open wheel race car. A crowd of experts will usually try and teach and hint when someone is being stupid. But if ignored, they're going to rightly hit'em over the head with it. Then he becomes a joke.

He doesn't really need to buy any bolts at all for his race car. He can just stock up on nuts and a few different sizes of threaded rod. Cut and debur as needed.
I'm always amused by the mind readers...

I didn't "persist" at anything except demanding civility.

Back