What's new
What's new

Pratt & Whitney Model C 16 x 30 Tool Post

Scott_Myers

Plastic
I recently acquired my little lathe and am looking to expand my tooling since it only came with a CA qctp and ONE tool holder. My problem is that there aren't any CA for sale near me but there are tons of DA holders for great deals. Does anyone think it would be possible to use a DA qctp on a 16' lathe? I know it's technically a bit too big and would raise the tooling up, but any ideas on what could be done to make it work without any permanent modifications? Or would it just fit? Anyone with experience would be a huge help. Thanks!

A DA is really too large, but we dont have to guess on any tool post. We can look up specs.

Measure from the top of compound to the center of head stock spindle. Or to the tip of a dead center in tail stock, if TS is reasonably aligned to head stock. Write the number down.

Go to the Aloris website. Look up DA tool posts and holders. With each listing there are pics you can arrow through. Last pic shows dimensions, with dimensions in listing description. Holders should be between top and bottom of tool post, not bottomed out. Anyway, looking at specs, you can tell by your compound to spindle center height.

Btw, plenty of CA new or used that will ship to you. . .

I recently acquired my little lathe and am looking to expand my tooling since it only came with a CA qctp and ONE tool holder. My problem is that there aren't any CA for sale near me but there are tons of DA holders for great deals. Does anyone think it would be possible to use a DA qctp on a 16' lathe? I know it's technically a bit too big and would raise the tooling up, but any ideas on what could be done to make it work without any permanent modifications? Or would it just fit? Anyone with experience would be a huge help. Thanks!
DA worked fine on my 16" Monarch. Like the actual on the 16 P&W - 18" (or 18.5) actual

Back