What's new
What's new

Programming R-head on Sodick Sinker AQ

claya

Cast Iron
On a Sodick LN1, How do we program the R-head spindle for a rotary burn? Do we manually add a spindle RPM in the code page before NC generation? If yes, what would that code look like? The manual is not very clear on how to use the R head in rotary motion, or even input RPM speed. I can manually rotate the spindle at the control keypad. How do I get it automatically in a program?

I'll take a stab at it only because we're not in Japan, where the advice-giver can be held responsible if it is taken. Also consider the last Sodick I ran was a 1986 A3C-R.
If I recall, M02 (CW) and M03 (CCW) will unlock the spindle, but it won't rotate without a following S-command and it usually defaults at 0. This is a good mode for hand-rotating the spindle to indicate-in a round part.
Try M02 S-10 (Rotate CW at 10 RPM) Note: My formatting of S may not be exact.
Are there any Sodick users that can help? This should be a matter of routine.

On the LN-1 they changed it to M8: on, M9: off. Sxx is speed. M7: spindle lock. This only works in MDI.
But how do we integrate that into the LN assist created program, without having to manually edit the code? And where in the spagetti code that LNa creates?
If running the ATC with multiple electrodes, how does the rotary get integrated with each of them?
At bare minumum, Is there a way to add MDI code to the LNa nc generated code on the fly?

Back