What's new
What's new

Staples lower quality than formerly?

jscpm

Titanium
This is going to sound really paranoid, but are staples lower quality than they used to be?

I have recently within the last couple of years had a hard time stapling papers. The staples tend to not penetrate the paper and jam up.

I use Swingline "Premium" staples. If this is what they consider "premium", I hate to think what the non-premium staples are like. On the box it says "Performance Guaranteed" which is complete bullshit.

Do I need to buy Swiss staples or something?

I still have a supply from several years ago, so haven't bought any lately.
But a question: are you using a different stapler? I had similar problem when using a cheap poorly made stapler.

The Swedish plier staplers are very good. Not sure if they are still made in Sweden at all.
Wife just had me assemble a wooden crate chicken coop toy, made in china. The steel? screws did not have enough iron to stay on the magnetic tip screwdriver bit.
Bill D

To suit laser printers, most modern paper has a much higher clay content. This gives the paper a flatter, more glossy surface, but it is also harder. You might also note they don't burn as well as they used to. It's also unlikely that staples have got any better, only cheaper.

Back