What's new
What's new

Touch probe Heidenhein TS230 for DMU 50T

Hello everyone!

We recently installed a DMU 50 T machine manufactured in 1999 in our company with a Heidenhein MillPlus control system. By the way, I am new to metalworking and CNC machines. but due to the nature of my activity, I have to study it.

also, separately from the machine, a Heidenhain ts230 probe was purchased.

The seller claimed that the probe was installed on the same machine manufactured in 2000 with the same millplus program installed. Having understood the instructions for connecting the probe to the machine, I realized that a socket should be installed in the machine itself where you need to insert the plug from the ts230. and I, unfortunately, realized that there is no such socket in my machine. But if this probe was connected to a similar machine with a similar control unit, then I'm sure that the contacts for connecting the probe should be placed on the control unit board itself.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem? Is there a wiring diagram for the probe connection?

I will be grateful for any information.

I dont know how it works for your machine and control, but I researched how it is for an older (88 to 94) Deckel with Dialog 11 control.
I'd love to have a wirless touch probe for the tool changer. Unfotunately very expensive still.

I would need:
- wirless touch probe or with wire (I actually have this, both versions)
- receiver box or connector
- signal converter box (I think it is the APE = Anpasselektronik)
- latest generation NZP card (I think NZP03 or was it 04, I can look it up), I think I have this
- SW level that support this feature, on D11 7.07 surely has this

Since your machine is a lot younger I would think it to be easier.

Note: I read battery life for wirless probe about 2 hours :(

I have wiring diagrams for D11 application.

Oh, thank you very much for your reply!

I understand that you need to connect some wires somewhere, and I even guess where exactly the connector is, but still I doubt it completely. Perhaps there is a contact of someone from whom it would be possible to find out? I would be very grateful:) But, please if you can: send me you diagrams. Thanks a lot!

Solved! We need to connect our probe to main PC. Unit 19A1.5. This is DAX-3 plate. It have X4 15-pin connector. There are only 2 pins, which we need to connect: 1st: pin 14 we connect to green wire of TS230, pin 15 we connect to 0v, and yellow wire of TS230 we need to connect with pin 9 of unit X3.3. Brown wire of TS230 we need to connect with X102 connector (24V) and white wire of TS230 with 0v. After that - you will see "I133" input-signal at your I/O menu.

Back