What's new
What's new

Wanted ! ! !

I would like to buy 2 of the stock Deckel FP1 light assembly. I am not concerned with the wiring or actual bulb/ receiver assembly because I will be replacing them with LED. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_E1286.JPG

Hey guys,

I'm picking up a FP2 from an auction early next week. It doesn't have a vertical head. I'd like to find a vert head with a quill. if you have one or have a lead on one please let me know!! thanks!!

jeff in long beach.

That would be $$$$.
But there is one on "Kleinanzeigen" right now for 500€ and another was there last week.
In any case shipping is almost unfeasible.
Yeah, looks nice! wish he'd ship!! why is shipping "almost unfeasible"? does the government just make it a major hassle? or just too costly?

Hey guys,

I'm picking up a FP2 from an auction early next week. It doesn't have a vertical head. I'd like to find a vert head with a quill. if you have one or have a lead on one please let me know!! thanks!!

jeff in long beach.

Jeff, we have a complete boring / light milling head off an LK if you like. Ships from Canada can crate it no problem. We parted out the LK and kept the head for out FP2 but never used it.

Jeff, we have a complete boring / light milling head off an LK if you like. Ships from Canada can crate it no problem. We parted out the LK and kept the head for out FP2 but never used it.
Thanks but my machine came with the boring head. Still looking for the regular vertical head. Eventually I'll find it..I hope lol. Thanks again for reaching out!!

Jeff

I'm looking for a 3/4 inch 574E collet. I'd take a 19 mm if a 3/4 isn't available.
3/4" = 19.05mm, so in principle they differ by 50 microns or 0.002". But in practice I think there is no difference between 3/4" and 19mm collets. For a normal 3-prong collet, after collapsing on a shank, the gaps that are left are just a few microns in size, and less than the shaft tolerance errors.

[If this is wrong, please correct me!]

The only real issue is if the 19 mm collet is made dead on size.
The arc of the bore would be slightly too small, making the contact points just that points. On a 3 section collet the contact points would be right at each section edge, just next to the each slit.
I am not a collet manufacturer but I suspect that the actual bores in the collet are slightly larger than the exact nominal diameter, and that would favor using the 19mm collet with a 3/4 tool.
Cheers Ross

The only real issue is if the 19 mm collet is made dead on size.
The arc of the bore would be slightly too small, making the contact points just that points. On a 3 section collet the contact points would be right at each section edge, just next to the each slit.
I am not a collet manufacturer but I suspect that the actual bores in the collet are slightly larger than the exact nominal diameter, and that would favor using the 19mm collet with a 3/4 tool.
Cheers Ross

I would suspect that a 19 mm collet would deform slightly to a 19.05 mm shank and a 19.05 mm collet would deform slightly to a 19 mm shank, the real question is what is it's ability to transmit power, stay rigid, and stay concentric in those contexts.

Not easy to check, I doubt many have a 19 mm and a 3/4" direct 40 taper collet at the same time....

And likely most are not fresh out of the box.

I would prefer a new 19.05 collet, but will probably have to do with a 19 mm, and I probably won't notice any real detriment to it, it'd just be nice if a 19.05 mm collet were available.

I'll be using it to quick-change the Tormach TTS tooling If you're unfamiliar, these are tools which use a 19.05 mm shank and a 38.1 collar to be able to quick change in an appropriate collet and have repeatable Z lengths by contacting the face of the spindle. I have ER32 and ER16 collet chucks and find them convenient and sufficient for light operations on the R8 and #3 morse taper spindles I've used them for in the past. I'll need to devise a way to locate that 38.1 mm collar in Z, as it's smaller in diameter than the 40 taper collet, but that shouldn't be impossible. I might even be able to make it captive to the 3/4" collet. Considering it'll likely involve desecrating the collet, it's probably better that I just start with an inexpensive 19 mm collet.

Back