What's new
What's new

WTB Diacro 16-24 - the manual lever press brake

The Diacro 16-24 press brake is buried in a corner of the shop, and these are the only pictures of it that I could manage. This machine has seen very little use since new and has been kept inside out of the weather. That said, it looks very parched and needs to be fully lubricated before being used again.IMG_8845.jpgIMG_8847.jpgIMG_8846.jpg

Is that the original punch and die set? Only the OEM would put those warning stickers on, 4" below the oil cups.

Very nice condition, an early model.

The punch is what came in it... I'm not sure about the die. This machine belonged to a wealthy hobbyist that never used it, and I picked it up at his estate sale. What about it tells you that its an early model?

The punch is what came in it... I'm not sure about the die. This machine belonged to a wealthy hobbyist that never used it, and I picked it up at his estate sale. What about it tells you that its an early model?
the address and company name, for one. Di-acro was sold, and moved, more than once.
Here is a link that seems to indicate your machine is from between 1958 and 1965.

Ries was quicker.

The Diacro & Lake City cast into the ram, and the oil cups on the slide rails. Houdaille was a noted cost cutter - mine, for example, doesn't have lettering on the ram or oil cups, just holes to pump oil into. It does have an SN tag on the right side plate: J-2097, Diacro-Houdaille, Lake City.

I have a Diacro 16-24 Press Brake on the Diacro stand that I would like out of my garage. It is in excellent condition, but I never use it. I am located in Los Angeles.
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝟏𝟔-𝟐𝟒 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐃: 𝐍𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

Back