What's new
What's new

Allen Bradley 8400 Circular Pocket G26 Canned Cycle

BulletHead

Plastic
I have a CNC mill with a AB 8400 control. I'm trying to use the G26 canned pocket milling cycle to make a circular pocket. The manual says you need to leave the X,Y coordinates blank and the mill will make a pocket 2 times the R (radius) dimension. I get the error "Radius Too Large". Tried all kinds of combination, different tool diameters and the control doesn't like it. Does anyone else have one of these controllers?

One thing I can do is program a rectangular pocket for example 1"x1" square with a corner radius of .4999" It will accept this and make a almost circular pocket. However if I make the corner radius .5" it errors as "Radius Too Large."
pocket.jpg

I have to break this to you,almost no one on this forum has even seen an Allen Bradley control on a machine tool, they bailed on machine tool controls in the 1980's because they were bad then. If you get one to power up today I would say you are lucky!

What is your command line? What are you using for W and I? The way I read it, is not that leaving the XY coordinates blank causes some particular action, it is just not part of the command line, because it executes at the current position.

I don't know if these things are much related to the old Bandit controls, which had similar autoroutines.

Back