What's new
What's new

Are you thinking of selling your Millplus/Maho 532 DMG/Deckel Maho Mill?

Nerv

Cast Iron
Hi everyone. As the title says - If you are thinking of selling a VME (or newer) control (Maho CNC 532 or Millplus) based DMG/Deckel Maho please let me know. I have embraced that control in my shop and I have no problem adding more. It has taken significant effort to acquire all the data and learn about these controls so I'm just sticking with them.

The classic monoblock DMU100T would be of particular interest now. I would love this to be a sticky in the DMG "Specific machine" forums, if such would be permitted. I'm not a dealer or anything, more of a hoarder. :D I've spoken with members and others that have them in their shop unable to get the going and not sure what to do next with them. Please let me know if you have one collecting dust somewhere and you want to free up space.

I wish there was more documentation avaible for this early control as it really seems like a powerful unit for it's age.
Things like how to upgrade the software etc.

I wish there was more documentation avaible for this early control as it really seems like a powerful unit for it's age.
Things like how to upgrade the software etc.

Upgrading the software is not going to happen, at least without a few exceptions anyway. The control software was custom written by Philips and quite proprietary in the sense that you have to stick with the types of drives/hardware that were intended for that control version, and have all the right files for the exact configuration you have. Nothing is able to be "edited" per-se (Like the PLC). Most of the people that helped develop this are no longer around so it can be a very risky proposition embracing these controls. I like Fanuc in the sense that I have everything I need to do just about anything I like with the controls and configure them to any machine. They are also very reliable. The only way to "Upgrade" the 432/532 control on a machine now would be to swap over all the "unique to that control" components from a donor. In the video that was just linked the 432 machine there would have to get a bunch of it's control components swapped with newer parts to be able to be at the same spec as the other one. At this point if someone was taking the existing control off to do some other retrofit then with some work and time the 432 could be upgraded, but there are many prerequisites that would need to be met for that to all function when you are done.

Anyway, from a operation point of view, I like the Millplus approach. The thought of retrofitting some of these machines to newer controls has come up but the truth is they work really well on the machines they came on and it's not worth the effort. Anything other than a Heidenhain, Siemens or maybe Fanuc on these machines would be a downgrade, even if it is new. The original Philips developed software was very capable of all sorts of compensations and trajectory computations that maintained accuracy while performing multiaxis work. This is why they are much better than most controls that are even much newer.

Philips originally invented the compact disc, these people were very strong at what they did when they developed these controls, and they have been working with them since the early 60's!

Upgrading the software is not going to happen, at least without a few exceptions anyway. The control software was custom written by Philips and quite proprietary in the sense that you have to stick with the types of drives/hardware that were intended for that control version, and have all the right files for the exact configuration you have. Nothing is able to be "edited" per-se (Like the PLC). Most of the people that helped develop this are no longer around so it can be a very risky proposition embracing these controls. I like Fanuc in the sense that I have.....

Thanks Nerv, i know you have a great knowledge in these controls.
I was mainly thinking about upgrading of say V310 to V410 , sometimes one sees a bargain but its running v310 software.
Is this upgrade easy ? meaby i should try pm you instead :D

Hi everyone. As the title says - If you are thinking of selling a VME (or newer) control (Maho CNC 532 or Millplus) based DMG/Deckel Maho please let me know. I have embraced that control in my shop and I have no problem adding more. It has taken significant effort to acquire all the data and learn about these controls so I'm just sticking with them.

The classic monoblock DMU100T would be of particular interest now. I would love this to be a sticky in the DMG "Specific machine" forums, if such would be permitted. I'm not a dealer or anything, more of a hoarder. :D I've spoken with members and others that have them in their shop unable to get the going and not sure what to do next with them. Please let me know if you have one collecting dust somewhere and you want to free up space.
Hello Nerv:

I have a Maho MH1200C - 532 control with extended keyboard - Rotating head M53,M54 vertical to horizontal and an NC control rotating vertical head +- 90 deg. - Got this form a friend for northern cal. was a working machine prior to moving it . It will need tinkering.

I also have a NC control Maho dividing head, been in dry storage - It's new but scraped up some moving it around.

- i have experience with these machines as well. I have other maho machines -

I also have quite a bit of literature on both 432 and 532 machines.

PM me: Osh 818-730-2774.

I wonder if that is a VME based 532?
The MAHO 800C with the 532 is a great machine.

Hi guys - already sent the Nerv:

---------------

I have a Maho MH1200C - 532 control with extended keyboard - Rotating head M53,M54 vertical to horizontal and an NC control rotating vertical head +- 90 deg. - Got this form a friend for northern cal. was a working machine prior to moving it . It will need tinkering.

I also have a NC control Maho dividing head, been in dry storage - It's new but scraped up some moving it around.

- i have experience with these machines as well. I have other maho machines -

Upgrading the software is not going to happen, at least without a few exceptions anyway. The control software was custom written by Philips and quite proprietary in the sense that you have to stick with the types of drives/hardware that were intended for that control version, and have all the right files for the exact configuration you have. Nothing is able to be "edited" per-se (Like the PLC). Most of the people that helped develop this are no longer around so it can be a very risky proposition embracing these controls. I like Fanuc in the sense that I have everything I need to do just about anything I like with the controls and configure them to any machine. They are also very reliable. The only way to "Upgrade" the 432/532 control on a machine now would be to swap over all the "unique to that control" components from a donor. In the video that was just linked the 432 machine there would have to get a bunch of it's control components swapped with newer parts to be able to be at the same spec as the other one. At this point if someone was taking the existing control off to do some other retrofit then with some work and time the 432 could be upgraded, but there are many prerequisites that would need to be met for that to all function when you are done.

Anyway, from a operation point of view, I like the Millplus approach. The thought of retrofitting some of these machines to newer controls has come up but the truth is they work really well on the machines they came on and it's not worth the effort. Anything other than a Heidenhain, Siemens or maybe Fanuc on these machines would be a downgrade, even if it is new. The original Philips developed software was very capable of all sorts of compensations and trajectory computations that maintained accuracy while performing multiaxis work. This is why they are much better than most controls that are even much newer.

Philips originally invented the compact disc, these people were very strong at what they did when they developed these controls, and they have been working with them since the early 60's!
I Agree:

The 432 not only is very capable and it super user friendly once you dig in. You might keep my info as i may be of some assistance.

Nerve: are you familiar with the setting in a Indramat KDA spindle drive?

I Agree:

The 432 not only is very capable and it super user friendly once you dig in. You might keep my info as i may be of some assistance.

Nerve: are you familiar with the setting in a Indramat KDA spindle drive?
I am not but i do have the manual.

Attachments

• indramat-KDa spindle drive- user man.pdf
    516.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Indramat-diag- spindle drive.pdf
    157.9 KB · Views: 0
Here’s my machine. Selling.
Vertical head x rotating +-60.
Swivel head G17 G18 -

also selling separate.
dividing head is new. some scratches from being moved around.

moving.

cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_4470.JPG
    IMG_4470.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4473.JPG
    IMG_4473.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4510.jpeg
    IMG_4510.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13