What's new

Brother Tc22 A (new machine day) need some help

laurent12100

Aluminum
Hello,

OK Machine is in the shop :)
IMG_20231130_134048.jpg

But I maybe need some help too start

the machine has been purchased by a dealer, he changed the spindle few years ago and machine was never sell (but I think some things missed)

If someones can send me pictures of the spindle :

- I think air need to be connect for the spindle for tools and the second for chips
1701763458317.png

a cover is missing
IMG_20231204_125439.jpg

- Z cover missing
1701763492556.png

- Pressure for water ?
1701763527144.png

- I don't have all keys : I have A but don't have B and C (I send mail to seller and local Brother company)

IMG_20231204_124753.jpgIMG_20231204_124757.jpg

- I have ask brother Comm
- On BT30 is it 45° or 60° ?

thank you !

Attachments

• IMG_20231204_124757.jpg
    IMG_20231204_124757.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11
Here's some pictures from our TC-31A.
The bottom pipe is for airblast during tool changes. The other block is for coolant. On ours there is an air operated solenoid to turn coolant on and off (the coolant pump runs all the time when the "coolant" button on the control is on.)

The other thing up top is a cover as you said.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited:
@Volitan your white pipe is for tool change I guess ?

On my Tc22, the white pipe is connect to a limiter valve and don't have solenoid so I guess air never stop ?

I think it's for spindle but when a tool is lock, where go this air ?

and there is always noise ?

1701805747322.png

1701805775779.png

Just realized there's a second air line in the back. I don't know what that one does. I'll look into it.
It doesn't make noise all the time.
Also, ours is a 60 degree pull stud, not the 45 degree.

please @Volitan ,

if you close air , alarm low pressure come
after open, how clear this alarm ?
I can't without reboot CN

Do you use Brother COm , or other? I search a soft

thanks

Last edited:
Air blast is done during a tool change to blow off/out any contaminants as the tool holder is inserted into the spindle. The spindle air purge is low volume, low pressure, and constantly on to keep contaminants out of the bearings mostly at the spindle nose. I would think reset would clear the low air alarm after air is restored.

The missing cover is to access the spindle to motor coupling. It's not a big deal but you should have that hole covered. Make it yourself from anything and perhaps cover it with tape until then. You don't want chips or coolant getting in there.

I think the short open tube in your 4th photo, pressure for water, is the exhaust for the solenoid valve to control coolant.

Last edited:
I have a TC-22A-0 that I had to replace the Z cover on. This was back in 2017 and it has held up fine. I used some "Silicone-Coated Fiberglass Fabric"

how did you fix it ? did you let him hang

solution found here

5066. 17 **M SERVO (BATT DROP)

Below I've written all info found in operation manual on the 5066 error message
Error message: M SERVO (***)
Stop level 5: The servo system stops
Reset level 3: Turn OFF the power. (An alarm cannot be reset otherwise)
Cause: A servo error has occurred for the M axis. The cause differs depending on (***). Refer to the servo error list.

SERVO ERROR MESSAGE
Display: BATT DROP
Cause: Battery voltage drop
Solution: Replace alkaline battery for absolute encoder backup

Code:
From the Brother TC-31A & Brother TC-22A Maintenance manual page 9.1.16-1E (printed in 1999)

Adjust the magazine position in ATC maintenance mode.
Press [MANU] or [MDI],and then[I/O].
Press[1],[ENT]and[PAGEDOWN].
Press [CURSOR DOWN]until[ATC MAINT.MD]is highlighted and then press [1]and[ENT].
Turn the <Power> switch off and then ON again.
Press[1] for [CLEAR START P DATA].
Turn the <Power>switch off and then on agian if [CLEAR START P DATA]displays [0].
At this time, the pot No.of the ATC postion continues from [11] in case of No.1.
In the case except No.1, it press [MAGZ] pot of the ATC position turns over to the ATC position at the pot of No.1.
Press [1]for [CLEAR START P DATA].
Turn the <Power> switch off and then on again if [CLEAR START P DATA] displays [0].
Press [MANU]or [MDI], and then [I/0].
Press [1] [ENT]and [PAGE UP].
Press [CURSOR DOWN]until [ATC MAINT.MD]is highlighted, and then press [0]and [ENT].
Turn the <Power> switch off and then on again.

Last edited:
please @Volitan ,

if you close air , alarm low pressure come
after open, how clear this alarm ?
I can't without reboot CN

Do you use Brother COm , or other? I search a soft

thanks

I don't know how to recover from the low air alarm without turning the whole machine off. If you figure it out please tell me!

Also, you don't need the Brother com software. I use the communications that came with the Cimco editor Mastercam uses. You can use Hyperterminal or any other software like that. When I get a minute I'll post the settings and the cable config we used to get it to work.

Attachments

• SCANNED.pdf
    813.6 KB · Views: 7
I don't know how to recover from the low air alarm without turning the whole machine off. If you figure it out please tell me!

Also, you don't need the Brother com software. I use the communications that came with the Cimco editor Mastercam uses. You can use Hyperterminal or any other software like that. When I get a minute I'll post the settings and the cable config we used to get it to work.
ok I will look if I find how reset this alarm, it's strange

great I have cimco too !

thanks to share your config :)

I see on the manual each alarm with
- '**' need complet reboot, and low pressure alarm have **
- '*' need only a Reset

is strange that low pressure need reboot :(

anyone have maintenance manual ? thanks

Back