What's new
What's new

Deckel roll engraving attachments GVW GVWU - instructions

mjautek

Plastic
Hi all,

here's a scan of the deckel roll engraving attachment (GVW/GVWU) manual. I haven't been able to find this online so I hope this is useful to someone!

Attachments

• Deckel GVW GVWU roll engraving attachments.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 22
  • Deckel GVW GVWU roll engraving attachments.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 13
I got the manual in a trade something like 5-6 years ago and as luck would have it, I picked up two roll engraving attachments about a year ago for 700$ cad. they look pretty hammered but I was stoked as these things are incredibly rare here. Given that there's not too much info on these online, here's some pictures of mine:

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.39.47 AM.jpeg
As I got them (before cleaning) - a GVWU (6021) and a GVW 150 (6022). The GVWU has a tilting head (for engraving cones) and is driven by a steel band, the GVW is much heavier and is driven by a gear and rack.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.39.48 AM.jpeg
Both are very heavily built (as one would expect from Deckel) and the linear motion is with either crossed roller bearings like this or ball bearings in a similar arrangement.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.39.48 AM(1).jpeg
GVWU partially disassembled

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.38.46 AM.jpeg
I haven't had much time to play around with them yet (busy busy!) but I did manage to engrave a couple random things with the GVWU... it's somewhat tricky to set up. for example, on this part I had to stick out the cutter further than usual cause the Z slide would hit the body casting otherwise.

Thank you for uploading the manual. Have been looking for it for quite some time.
I also have the gvwu attachement, but unfortunately it is missing the chuck. From the pictures it seems you are missing the 'tailstock' ? If you need pictures or dimensions of the tailstock, just let me know.

Yes I am missing the "tailstock", I figure if I ever need it I can probably figure out the dimensions and make it in a few parts, I suppose realistically if I need the support my GVW does have its tailstock and I could just use that instead. thanks for the offer though!

Back