What's new
What's new

FP1 leftovers

sblack

Plastic
I bought an older FP1 at auction and it had been painted - you know the kind of paint job where every fastener, wheel and probably the cat are coated with thick gobs of paint with a brush. I tore it down, scrubbed everything and reassembled. I've torn down a few machines but this is more complex and I guess I didnt take enough pictures because I have 4 parts left over. They look like they could be important. I don't have a parts catalogue with exploded views for this earlier version of the FP1. I only have the one for the later machine with the round speed selectors and there are quite a few differences. Does anyone know where these go? Does a parts catalogue with exploded views like the attached picture exist for the older FP1s with the lever speed selectors exist? IMG_4628.jpgIMG_4629.jpgIMG_0885.jpg

Large round pin might be a stop at the top of the Z slide, preventing the support from going too high. There is one on the FP2, not sure if there is also one on the FP1.

The hex bolt for a dog trip perhaps
No For the T-nut that holds the Z-axe bellow onto the T slide So you do not loos the bolt
This bellow needs to be removed if you use the table high up like in horizontal milling
Peter

Last edited:
OK, one down, three to go...

Springs: does your machine have gear shifting handles that have positive detent stops? These might be the springs that go inside these knurled handles, which keep the gear shifts engaged unless you actively pull out against the springs.

OK, one down, three to go...

Springs: does your machine have gear shifting handles that have positive detent stops? These might be the springs that go inside these knurled handles, which keep the gear shifts engaged unless you actively pull out against the springs.
yes I have the gear shift handles. Those springs are much finer and I managed to put them all back in when I reassembled them after cleaning. The springs in the picture are quite heavy. since there are 2 of them I was suspecting that they may be for the X table gib locks but the exploded view I have for the later machines with the round dials for speed selection don't show a spring on those.

I was suspecting that they may be for the X table gib locks but the exploded view I have for the later machines with the round dials for speed selection don't show a spring on those.
For my own education I have looked in at some Deckel drawings and followed related discussions on this forum, the drawings are very good but not always 100% accurate on details like that, which is just understandable, a small production change cannot magically propagate to all the the literature of the time and even less to what we have now.
So I think that sound reasoning and the experience of members here are the most helpful resources.

Last edited:

Back