What's new
What's new

FS - Qty 2 CBX DRO Systems

marka12161

Stainless
These came on a mill and lathe i recently bought. I'm a bit of an old school guy and am very comfortable with indicators and planer gages. The transducer racks and chip guards just make cleaning the machine that much more difficult so i've decided to remove/resell these.

I verified both units read when given an input. On the mill, i was getting agreement with gage blocks within about .0015 which i didn't think was too great. When i removed the racks/transducers i found tht some of the mounting HW was a bit loose so i'm betting that was the problem. I did not check accuracy on the lathe.

Set comes with (Qty 1) 3 axis display, (Qty 1) 2 axis display, power supplies for both along with (Qty 4) rack/transducer sets. One of these was on the Z axis of the mill and somehow got buggered up (see picture). I bet it can be made to work but i have no interest in fiddling with it. I also have all the mounting HW for the racks/transducers.

I'd like $350 for everything plus whatever the shipping cost is. It's probably best to pack everything in two boxes as the racks/transducers are a bit long.

Thanks for looking
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1942.JPG
    IMG_1942.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1944.JPG
    IMG_1944.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1941.JPG
    IMG_1941.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1940.JPG
    IMG_1940.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1943.JPG
    IMG_1943.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1939.JPG
    IMG_1939.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 59
The lathe (Monarch 10EE) was only set up with the DRO along the ways. The 10EE is 20" between centers. The longest rack is the one that was on the x axis of the mill (about 42").

All of the racks will work with either of the displays since the transducrers are common among all of them. I suspect you can still buy the racks and make them as long as you want.

FWIW, the manufacturer rated the CBX DRO accuracy at +/- 0.002" over 12" and that was exactly the error I measured with the old one I had on a Clausing 8520 mill. Not too good for a commercial shop but probably adequate for hobby work, especially as the error seemed to linear with distance. IOW, +/- 0.0005 over 3", 0.001 in 6, etc.

FWIW, the manufacturer rated the CBX DRO accuracy at +/- 0.002" over 12" and that was exactly the error I measured with the old one I had on a Clausing 8520 mill. Not too good for a commercial shop but probably adequate for hobby work, especially as the error seemed to linear with distance. IOW, +/- 0.0005 over 3", 0.001 in 6, etc.
Thanks Mike, That's useful. I agree .002 error over 12" is too much for precision work. I guess it depends on the application.

I'm tired of this stuff hanging around the shop. At this point, i'm willing to give away the electronics (but would prefer a fair trade for a decent vernier caliper) plus shipping. The scales (long racks) are a pain to pack up so unless someone really wants them i'm likely to just toss them.

Back