What's new
What's new

Helium reserves sold

I'm kind of surprised P66 didn't buy it. They have other helium assets in the area; this would seem to be a natural fit.

I'd LOVE to know the compliance status of the national facility. I'd bet good money that the national facility isn't remotely close to compliant with current regs- the same ones they'd fine the shit out of a private entity for failing to meet.
HOw do you s'pose they plan on making money on the deal?

I haven't bought helium in a while. I am hearing $625.00 per bottle that is filled to 2/3 capacity.

What do you think this is going to do to prices?
Only link I could find without signing in/up

I use helium in breathing gas mixes for deep diving. Last week I was quoted three or four hundred dollars for a full T bottle of UHP. Sorry I don't recall the exact price, only that it didn't break the bank. (There are less expensive grades. I use UHP because it's the least costly one with a total hydrocarbon specification from my supplier.) Right after that I started to have trouble with one knee, so diving is on hold for a bit. Divers in FL are reporting pricing of about a buck a cubic foot. Depending on what grade and how much you need, it might be worth a trip one state south.

The price I was quoted is not hugely different from what I was paying when I last did a bunch of deep diving. I have been told it spiked a bit while I did some other stuff, though. Maybe your local dealer's stock is from during the spike?

I use helium in breathing gas mixes for deep diving. Last week I was quoted three or four hundred dollars for a full T bottle of UHP. Sorry I don't recall the exact price, only that it didn't break the bank. (There are less expensive grades. I use UHP because it's the least costly one with a total hydrocarbon specification from my supplier.) Right after that I started to have trouble with one knee, so diving is on hold for a bit. Divers in FL are reporting pricing of about a buck a cubic foot. Depending on what grade and how much you need, it might be worth a trip one state south.

The price I was quoted is not hugely different from what I was paying when I last did a bunch of deep diving. I have been told it spiked a bit while I did some other stuff, though. Maybe your local dealer's stock is from during the spike?
Thanks! I hadn't thought about that source.

I also just discovered that the latest Miller Dynasty welding machines allow you to use separate waveforms for the negative and positive sides. You can have an 'Advanced square wave' for the negative and a 'Triangular' waveform for the positive. How much does that help? I do not know, but I would like to try it.

I have two last-generation Miller Dynasty 350s I might be interested in trading in.

Last edited:

Back