What's new
What's new

Japanese table vice

???

Titanium
My friend found this in his father in laws shed when he was cleaning it out. I borrowed it to do a little assembly job, very well made. The cap head handle is a temporary fix so I could use it. Anyone know anything about these vices. Can't quite make out the logo. IMG_20231215_200448_MP.jpgIMG_20231215_200531_MP.jpg

In the spirit of procrastination I spent 20 minutes looking for Japanese or other patents without success. Google patents has other documents from different countries but the only Japanese document doesn't look like a vise patent and I'm not sure if it's actually a patent.

Most of those are labelled Oxwall, usually with a sticker. Older ones will have the rear disc/plate stamped Wester Wistlin or Whistling Western San Fran Ca or something like that.

this pos i got at aldis for $9.99 works well on the bandsaw:

sorry, cant get the mano out of there.

Attachments

• DSCN1697[1].JPG
    DSCN1697[1].JPG
    486.7 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1699[1].JPG
    DSCN1699[1].JPG
    518.7 KB · Views: 22
It could probably be traced to the maker if you can translate the words on the side. Mad Ein Ja Pan. I think that is the ancient language of the Etruscans, so it probably was crafted in the area of Europe which predates the Italian culture by over 1000 years.

Back