What's new
What's new

Macro Programming Fundamentals

Hello Moriseikiman,​

Most of your messages in the Message Blocks, contain more that 26 characters, including spaces, therefore, will be truncated to 26 characters when displayed. This may have the message not make much sense to the operator; accordingly, an abbreviated message is better than a verbose message that will be truncated.

Regards,

Bill

Hello Moriseikiman,​

Most of your messages in the Message Blocks, contain more that 26 characters, including spaces, therefore, will be truncated to 26 characters when displayed. This may have the message not make much sense to the operator; accordingly, an abbreviated message is better than a verbose message that will be truncated.

Regards,

Bill
The longer ones are just comments that are only explanatory for making sense of the program while reading it. They can be deleted before sending it to the machine to save space. Not sure if I sent the final version here so some of the user messages and error messages (#3006 and #3000) might also still be too long, I shortened them as I saw necessary when I tried it out.

It actually works pretty neatly when called from MDI, the last message is always on the screen during the operation even when going between jog and MDI mode, at least on Fanuc 10M.

I also realized after making it that you can find the high or low spot of the arc by jogging the haimer along the edge of a boss or a bore and get the centering pretty close with one take only. And it doesn't even have to be exactly centered to take the first measurement quite accurately. I tried it and it was off much less than the tolerance of that Haimer.

Last edited:
There is also a limitation on the maximum number of characters in a block.
I could not continuously type more than 34 characters in a block on a 7.2 inch LCD screen, using the MDI keys. An externally-created program, transferred to the machine, can have more characters.

Back