What's new
What's new

Matsuura MC-660VG ATC issue

Antoine21130

Aluminum
Hello everyone,

Recently got a Matsuura MC-660VG with a Yasnac J300M controller.

I have an issue with tool change process :

When setting the tool as an heavy tool, the tool change happen correctly but right at the end of process, the ATC arm doesn't return all the way to home (few millimiters away from SQ20 home limit switch).
Because of that, i get an ATC arm overtime error. When using manual recovery mode, the ATC arm goes to origin and trigger SQ20 perfectly so I'm not sure if it's related to the limit switch.

When setting the tool as a normal tool, the ATC start movement to grab tool from spindle but don't manage to lock it. It also trigger an overload error on the ATC motor driver and I have to reset it before using recovery mode.

So just to resume, in Heavy mode, everything goes well until the end ATC arm home positioning and in normal tool mode, the ATC arm doesn't even manage to grab the tool in the spindle.

Checked spindle orientation, Z0 ATC ready position, SQ20 and SQ22 limits seems to respond correctly in manual mode.

Thanks in advance for any help, really struggling on this one !

Then it should be similar to my ra3g, could you may be make a video how preciely it operates in your case? I'm guessing that parameters should also be +- similar values regarding ATC.

Here is where it stop when I parameter the tool as a normal on, with the overload on the ATC inverter

Attachments

• IMG_8649.png
    IMG_8649.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 5
Change the cam follower on the hydraulic piston under that blue cover. When those start to fail they will cause the arm to hang up, especially at slow speed.

Change the cam follower on the hydraulic piston under that blue cover. When those start to fail they will cause the arm to hang up, especially at slow speed.
The issue was solved in another post, i adjusted a timing parameter, the ATC motor was stopping just before reaching home sensor. adjusting the delay solved it.

Maybe it has something to do with cam follower being worned down a little but it looked great when i checked it.

Back