What's new
What's new

OT anyone looking to get out of the city and move shop to the country?

true temper

Stainless
My wife and I have bought our retirement property in another state, and need to think about selling our property in Western Kansas. Main property includes 17 acres 2 nice houses, 2 shops one 4,800 square foot and the other 4,200 square foot. Both have 14’ x 20’ overhead doors. Big shop has 8” floor, bath with shower office parts room and wash bay.
Plenty of concrete outside for forklift. Can get trucks in and out easily.
2nd shop has 6” floor wash bay, roughed in for bath room.
Plenty of 3 phase power 500’ away
Also for sale is 120 acres of grass adjacent to the property.
Asking 650,000

This is the kind of description that Zillow and Realtor need more of: gets right to the size of the buildings, power availability, truck and forklift access and the size of the doors. That's all I care about. Not a word about the living space. :LOL:

Serious suggestion from someone who has been looking and weighing options for 2+ years: if/when you get a realtor involved, make sure your listing says 5 or 6 or 8 car garage. I can't tell you how many houses I've seen with HUUUGGE attached or detached buildings and the listing either says no garage or 2-car garage. Also be sure to get those keywords in there: shop, workshop, barn, hobbies, business.

Searching for these types of homes has been next to impossible when the realtors don't fill out house details correctly and then blather a word salad about updated towel holders and open, flowing floor plans.

The worst one was a 20,000 SF steel building with 2,200 SF house inside, a tennis court and a horse arena but only said 2-car garage. Or the opposite: lists a 3-car garage because there's enough dirt to park 3 cars and no actual garage.

Edit: perfect example: listed as a 2-car garage despite an attached garage and a 1,200 SF shop. Somebody smack this realtor in the head.

Heck, here's another with multiple outbuildings but, still says 2-car garage in that search field.

Last edited:
I lied to you the small shop is 3200 square feet not 4200 sorry.
I just thought it might work for someone wanting to get out of the city and all the regulations. I didn’t need to get building permits to build shops, it took a couple of years before the tax man found them and put them on my tax roll.

The move is called Strategic Relocation.

Last edited:
Yes 2 nice houses my house has 2 bedrooms and a full unfinished basement.
The second one has 4 bedrooms with basement.
Very nice place, I would like to get it sold before it’s time to cut grass.

Last edited:

Back