What's new
What's new

OT- Best web design software ?

SmallShop

Yes the CoffeeCup looks to be a GOOD HTML editor package

If you have any problems drop me a line. I don't mind helping out.

BTW - I'm a former Filipina Women Dating web site owner. I've since divested myself of the entire endevor as a group of feminist got together and wrote some laws that make it impossible if not difficult for a Mom and Pop Website operation.

Long story short - I ranked in the top 10% for Dating without 1 cent of advertising. Just a lot of hours refining code, search words, ect, ect

Thanks joe......I downloaded it and am starting to play with it a bit. They actually suggest what David said. Gleep a site you like...look at the code...plug in your own stuff.

Too bad about your site. gloria Alred never sleeps...

Rusty...thats pretty nice ironwork....site looks good too...

For all the ppl who brag about HTML page design in vim or other word processor programs, thats a nice party trick but lets see you put in a db, java form checking and input bounds checking. Then display it in a comprehensible fashion.

Takes all of 5 minutes in Dreamweaver (point and click). As an ISP sysadmin in my self employed days I would spend hours putting PHP, perl, and Mysql pages together and got quite good at in VIM.

Only took 5 years.

Dreamweaver had my friend doing in 2 days what I took 2 years to learn and troubleshoot.

I am impressed with you folks that can hard code html. I managed to teach myself enough visual basic to write a couple of programs. But html? No way. Might as well be the language of Atlantis. I never could get my head around visualizing what I was attempting to create with text.

Thankfully the point and shoot programs saved me. I wound up using Web Easy Pro. About as easy as any program will get. Cheap also. Available at Office Depot and others. Dreamweaver is great also so don't throw stones.

http://www.v-com.com/product/Web_Easy_Pro_Home.html

Dave Koehler
www.koehlerinjection.com

Visual Basic is more difficult than HTML. One reason you should learn to code HTML, is the same reason you should learn machining instead of just CNC. I either use frontpage or visual studio, but either way, I use them in the Code window instead of Design view. Once you learn HTML, then move on to learning CSS.

I like DreamWeaver.

You've got the design window there where you can see what's going on easily, but you also have the option to hard code by hand at the same time.

I like that a lot.

You can see what you're doing in nearly real time instead of edit, save, open in browser, troubleshoot, edit, save, etc. It gets old real fast.

Also, I don't know what you're doing, but I've never had DreamWeaver put out a page with anything resembling the gobbldygook that FrontPage spits out attached to it, not once.

Slightly ot, I've been going through available books on CSS at the library and finally hit a winner. It's Eric A Mayer's CSS The Definitive Guide 3rd edition. It actually deals with I.E. 7 and Firefox 2 browsers comprehensively. It's got a decent index finally and excellent explanations of why you want to do something one way over another.
HTML is a piece of cake now provided you don't ever use it for presentation, that's what the css is for. My new pages are running about 70% content and 30% markup and that's a vast improvement.

I would consider html as presentation. CSS is just an easy way to make global changes to elements. So that if you have your headers as a particular font size or color, you could edit it in your css file as opposed to however many pages you have

Back