What's new
What's new

Santec bed mill

FredC

Diamond
This mill has very little use. Was used primarily to notch parts with tubing .002 deep. It has not been used in the last 16 years. It was described and photos of it are in this thread:
I can take more photos if needed.

Additional info this mill has 30 Erickson style spindle. The spindle is not drilled for use with a drawbar.

Just saw that phone numbers and addresses are requested.

(About 2 miles east of Dewees)
Floresville Tx 78114

Last edited:
I suggest removing the address and phone number. Provide it in private message (conversation) when needed. Now it is available for every miscreant worldwide to harvest and use for any purpose. Also might want to add the price.

I suggest removing the address and phone number. Provide it in private message (conversation) when needed. Now it is available for every miscreant worldwide to harvest and use for any purpose. Also might want to add the price.
Thanks, I read just the first post in the last sticky. I looks like most thought that was a bad idea.
Price: I want $7000.
I can probably have a friend from town come out with a fork lift to load it onto a buyer's truck.
Location is about 30 miles south of San Antonio.

In an earlier thread I was asked for more photos. In a private message I was asked for more info:

Manual says operating speed to 4500 RPMs.
You asked about restoring it mainly we made a new Y axis gib and scraped it in(we did not like the quality of the original). We were pretty pissed about the installation, the installer picked up the CNC kit and left the machine in pieces. We stored it for about 5 years and Jens and I put it back together later.
3 phase 220/230 volts.

Work envelope is like a standard 48 table mill with probably a couple more inches in Z axis travel. the dove tail on the Z is pretty long.

I think the Erickson is the most common tool. Many plain 30 taper tools are already Qualified to fit Erickson spindles. Both My mills have the same spindle. I will be keeping most of the tool holders for my other machine.

How was the installation botched? The installer used a screw driver and a hammer to drive the table gib out of the brand new mill. It peened the edge of the gib which cut a small groove out of the table way. The table way has a groove about 3/16 wide and about .001 inch deep. the rest of the surface is undamaged. After we repaired the machine it was only used for production of the tube notches, only e few thousands of motion per part and only on the Y axis. Most used machines will have much more wear on the x axis ways.
You asked about RPMs. The dial has 3000 to 4500 RPMs in red. Not sure if that means only use these speeds for a limited amount of time. The red is there for some reason but is not mentioned in the manual.If you are near San Antonio it would be easy to pop over and take a look.

The second photo shows the tenth indicator we used for getting the .002 depth of the notches this machine was used for, the third shows that no wear is seen on the Z axis ways.

Santec2RS.jpgSantec2RS.jpgSantec3RS.jpgSantec4RS.jpgSantec5RS.jpg

Attachments

• Santec1rs.jpg
    Santec1rs.jpg
    994.6 KB · Views: 18

Back