What's new
What's new

Source for used Clausing parts

upperb

Plastic
Hi all.
I am looking for a used table elevator for my Clausing 15” drill press. Part number 1613, to be exact.
Would any of you know of a possible source? I have reached out to several sellers on eBay that have various Clausing parts for sale, but no luck.
Thank you all in advance for your help.

Call Clausing.

If they no longer supply the part (new, I realize you are looking for a used part), they will (usually) provide a picture of the dwg to allow you to make your own part (if you ask for the information). Former Clausing 5914 lathe owner, still part of the Clausing group on groups.io.

In 1962, i got a floor drill press that had a heavy Palmgren X-Y rotary table on the drill press table. It made the drill press table very difficult to raise and lower. I found an antique (1920-30's) hydraulic automobile bumper jack that had a pretty long stroke and could be used to raise and lower that heavy table. When I sold the drill press, I kept the jack, though I have not seen it in years (buried in the garage somewhere).

I see several similar jacks on eBay, so you might look into that solution. They are not designed for any specific car model and are pretty generic. Watch out for incomplete examples. Finding one locally so you can try it out would be best. Ask an antique car owner for a source. Here is an example.

Larry

Wernt that long ago you could lift a Ford car by the chromed bumper.........I had a new 73 Ford that had a steel bumper,and IIRC the 1979 year models still had chromed steel bumpers.

When my Renault Kangoo failed MOT-condemned-I kept its scissor jack. Very handy around the shop,where my 5 ton toe jack would be overkill !

Hi all.
Thank you all very much for your thoughts and advice. I appreciate it.
I located one for use with a table model. I will combine parts from it with those I have ordered from Clausing to put together the correct one for mine.
Again, thanks.

Back