What's new
What's new

south bend heavy 10 "tool room" lathe

Precision lead screw, taper attachment, hand wheel collet closer and rack, included a micrometer carriage stop, better tailstock spindle, chip pan, large feed dials, plus probably some other small, but important things.

The 10" tool room lathe included the following equipment over and above the standard equipment included with a engine lathe per 1966 catalog.
micrometer carriage stop
large face plate
taper attachment
hand wheel collet closer
collet rack (without collets)
precision lead screw

Looking at my South Bend literature it looks like there were some changes over the years.

My 1966 catalog shows both the engine and tool room models included necessary belting and motor pulley (but not a motor or switch gear) thread chasing dial, thread cutting stop, small face plate, lantern style tool post, 60º centers and a spindle sleeve for the 60º center. In addition the tool room model included a micrometer carriage stop, large face plate, taper attachment, hand wheel collet closer, collet rack (but no collets) and a "precision lead screw."

Mid-1970's brochure does not show a thread cutting stop coming with either model and there is no mention of a "precision lead screw" for the tool room model.

And I see Ohio Mike got in ahead of me on the 1966 catalog information.
David

Back