What's new
What's new

Thermite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying someone is posting misinformation is now considered fighting words here.
I wonder if any of the mods actually worked in a machine shop? I worked at a place decades ago that in today's world would have been shut down because of rampant sexual harassment. I was often a victim as I was young to be in a supervisory role, was muscular and good looking, you would never guess looking at me today, ha,ha. I once had a woman I was interviewing for a job tell me if she was 20 years younger she would be all over me. Strangely it was the women causing the sexual harassment most of the time. I actually had to give a few verbal warnings telling then to watch the aisles before acting. It was usually 40 something women playing grab ass and flashing younger men. Memories of the good ole days.

Yes, I think most of them have. And probably still do. Personally I only do a little part time supervision and training these days and a little work in my home shop for no more than 2-3 hours at a crack (Wells Index 847, Colchester copy 14x40 lathe, B&S Micromaster 8x18 surface grinder and a Cincinnati Monoset) after having ruptured a disc in my back and a few back surgeries. I get in 2 or 3 hours and I need to lie down.

This shift has little to do with the mods. We don't get to make the rules, we gotta enforce the rules set by management. We only maybe get a little leeway for interpretation - I generally tend to give a little slack, some others may take it - especially in that section where you got the warning. I have no idea if you actually got a warning for using the term "misinformation" - I was just trying to guess why someone might have taken umbrage at your post.

I was going to write something, but thought better of it...........

Professional machine shops helping others and sharing ideas and experiences, isn't that the point of this forum ?
Professional, in every way.
Particularly conduct and character !
I enjoy a joke, and am from a generation that enjoys "off-color" jokes.
But, let's not let this wonderful forum sucombe to minority influences, of any kind.

Kustomizer's little story above is brilliant, thanks !
Bob

Why sadly though? And why push him to take the previous ID? To me it seems like strong armed humiliation. Destroying his Thermite Id is the aim I see , making him accept his previous banned ID seems like just a excess Really in sanctioned oversight.
It was a joke, sadly I have to explain it. :D

Page 2 post #23 of this thread. Glitch. His badge read banned, though he was not in fact banned. . .He might take it as a badge of honor...

You assume I despise him, want to humilate him ? No, could not possibly be further from the truth. Opposite really.

We do have a responsibility to the entire community though, and must do our best to remain as fair to all as we possibly can, and navigate tricky waters. So here we are.

Question for you ! Does he strike you as a thin skin, sensitive sort of fellow ? I think there's a chance he might be more irritated at you to presume he is weak and docile. :D
:D:D.

Last edited:
He strikes me as many people I have met given his experiences and the fact that I know persons exactly like him personally. I work with them all these decades-it is a thing. He is not very different except for the fact that he can be abrasive and highly intelligent.
The fact that the terms was to return to a previous discarded ID which he likely did not grock to is sort of high handed really. I will express my view here Sir.

The name Thermite is proper warning to others as to how his disposition can be at times. I have never seen his responses as cruel though. He responds after some are giving extreme words and being sort of overboard obnoxious really.

Then he sets them straight and as as terrible as they have done though with style and skill.

Yes he can be combative and very much so as we have seen with some who constantly have attacked him By comparison. I thought the attacks were quite extreme. No person is perfect and can always act right or acceptable.

Yet the reaction they give is where they are. B and Milland are good examples of restraint to weigh how Thermite has interacted here. It seems to just me that both those guys have run riot here compared to him.

Cooler heads can prevail. Thermite gave as good as them and many others got from those guys. They know better yet persist. They play the system and attack it.

You said he may take it as a badge of honor. I suppose you can assume that yet it is likely that is likely Ox who has the final say with him not yourself or the other mods. He has indicated as much.

”Question for you ! Does he strike you as a thin skin, sensitive sort of fellow ? I think there's a chance he might be more irritated at you to presume he is weak and docile. :D

Interesting how you set this up it only supports my questions as to your motives here. I am sure he caused trouble with you and that you have taken on the duty of confronting him. Tough job because he is excessive at times. I do get that. This is all that I will say on the subject for now. Try to respect persons like him who served his country even though they can be challanging . Since he has been here as he is for so long should tell everyone something. You mods decide not us. Be sure to think things over dealing with such members He is not the devil By a long stretch.
Yes he is often overwhelming for sure yet it is his nature. I have many friends the same way and they always have friends and enemies.

Last edited:
It was a joke, sadly I have to explain it. :D

Page 2 post #23 of this thread. Glitch. His badge read banned, though he was not in fact banned. . .He might take it as a badge of honor...

You assume I despise him, want to humilate him ? No, could not possibly be further from the truth. Opposite really.

We do have a responsibility to the entire community though, and must do our best to remain as fair to all as we possibly can, and navigate tricky waters. So here we are.

Question for you ! Does he strike you as a thin skin, sensitive sort of fellow ? I think there's a chance he might be more irritated at you to presume he is weak and docile. :D
:D:D.

I didn't realize that you was in Sales?

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Good, I got un-cautioned.
it was just a misunderstanding of one of my posts.
I will remember never to say asparagus on a Wednesday.
(no it really was not about asparagus)
It was Wednesday, where were you? They have every reason to be mad at you now!

Note:
Not cut and pasted, no matter the humor.

Well I can't believe it! My friendly little joke in post #124 has been deemed "inappropriate" and I have been warned! I have to watch my step or my access will be limited! Admin, whoever that is should get a sense of humor. Yep ban me and let Big B spew endlessly. Whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back