What's new
What's new

Tool length offsets Fanuc O-M

Thank you! I do have the manuals. I've always found them too "techincal" to follow easily. I seem to lack the necessary patience, until I am forced into a corner.
Besides the Keep Relays, I should also mention the DATA tables. You typically find both in the rear of the Electrical or Ladder Manuals. You'll know you're in the right place as there will be at the top of the page, a K or D followed by a number. The K's will tend to be low numbers whereas the D's will be higher numbers. Like in the 200's let's say. Then there will typically be 8 rows of Function Descriptions. One describing the machine response when the Bit is high (1) and another when the Bit is set low (0).
Note the exact layout will be Manufacturer dependent.

Tread carefully in these waters. If you don't understand completely what you're changing, just leave it alone. Also be sure to record your changes in the manual.

Besides the Keep Relays, I should also mention the DATA tables. You typically find both in the rear of the Electrical or Ladder Manuals. You'll know you're in the right place as there will be at the top of the page, a K or D followed by a number. The K's will tend to be low numbers whereas the D's will be higher numbers. Like in the 200's let's say. Then there will typically be 8 rows of Function Descriptions. One describing the machine response when the Bit is high (1) and another when the Bit is set low (0).
Note the exact layout will be Manufacturer dependent.

Tread carefully in these waters. If you don't understand completely what you're changing, just leave it alone. Also be sure to record your changes in the manual.
Got it! Thank you! I learned a long time ago to document everything, before and after! And with cell phones, to take pictures of everything!

As it turns out, my machine position is matching the relative position, exactly, as someone mentioned earlier in this thread that they may or may not. Any idea what conditions they would not be equal? It's such a pleasure to actually see English dimensions after not, for so long.

Therefore, my tool setting issue persists; not reading "true" height above (or into the part) from part zero. I am missing one crucial step, I can feel it, and with some more time, I think I can nail it. As I mentioned, my programs work fine with multiple tools, but it'd be nice to be able to watch the tool approach, physically and on the absolute screen, while debugging a new program.

I appreciate your time!

Mark

Back