What's new
What's new

What was origonal color of B&S #0 Horiz. Mill ?

lalatheman

Hot Rolled
Hi Guys,
I'm the proug new owner of a very attractive B&S #0 Horiz. Mill , and want to know what the origonal color was.
From looking at pictures of such type of things in the old Lindsay books I'm thinking it was a shade of black . . .perhaps slightly greyish black.

How old is the machine? There is a reference
as to probable colors in an earlier post in this section. I would like to see a picture of the mill. I like B&S as a manufacturer.
Mark

if black, then a gloss black would be the shade. I think those were black. I believe Rustoleum gloss black would be a proper match and easy to touch up later.

Thanks for the replys guys.

I'll get a picture on here ASAP .
I like B&S stuff too. Don't know how old,
have not even found a serial number on it yet.
Yes I found the discussion about colors ( amercan flag anyone ?) of old machines on this forum .
I was thinking of black and leaning toward black. had not even thought of gloss black till it was mentioned here. . . I like black and for several years wore it exclusively. . .after wearing it for so long I became finely attuned to the fact that there are hundreds of "COLORS" of black (shades hues intensitys saturations ) Black usually transmits a feeling of purpose determination and power and UH no bull----.
It is of course the blacksmiths color too. I still wear black pants exclusively mainly because they "don't get dirty" as I humorously tell my wife.

Back