What's new
What's new

What's up with USPS flat rate box?

• Thread starter art_deco_machine
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2,479
One thing about the flat rate box. for every person that gets a good deal by sending 20 to 50 pounds of stuff in that 8.50 box there are about ten other people or businesses who send small light items that may cost less other ways. However, the businesses and some people use this method because the labor and such is less as well just to go via the flat rate box.

It al;l evens out in th profit margin.

I just called my USPS office, after reading this post, and the lady told me that Flat Rate Mail ( up to 76 Lbs / Box ) is going up from $8.10 to $9.15 effective 4-12-07!

Still one hell of a deal in "MHO" wouldn't everyone agree?

just look @ pfarber's example:

I got 50lbs of lead ingots for $9 from CA with the flat rate box.

Local USPS guy was amazed at the weight and said that if delivered Priority it would have been over $150.

I like the USPS.
The actual cost may vary from State to State, it cost $9.00 from Ca. as per the above quoted post!

AMW

I have sent 69 lbs of cast lead bullets in the USPS FRB, they REALLY honk off the clerk at the PO, the lest time I took a 68 lb one in she BROKE her scale with it, she slammed the thing up on there and the scale wouldnt work anymore, she got it on the OTHER scale more gently and found it to be 68 lbs just like my home scale said.

Bill

Back