What's new
What's new

Adding another one to the collection

dannyrocci

Cast Iron
Well I bought another lathe, starting to think that I have an addiction. This one is a 1941 14 1/2" 6' lathe. It came out of a local how high school that need to make room for some other equipment. It has been sitting out side but under covered so it does have a little surface rust on it but it should come right off and from what I can tell there is not visible wear on the ways. I couldn't pass on the 700.00 price tag considering the condition the machine was, now I just need to find a good place to put it.

serial #119922
Forgot to get the catalog # and I have not picked the lathe up yet

Danny

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 273
  • IMAG0168.jpg
    IMAG0168.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 267
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 283
Danny,
Looks like a good buy and project. Other than the visible rust you mentioned, the only other thing wrong with it is the location. It would be better if it were in my shop! Congrats :cheers:
danny

Cool - I'm gonna eagerly anticipate another great restoration thread! I'm currently on my second one too - a 1946 9A.

Cool - I'm gonna eagerly anticipate another great restoration thread! I'm currently on my second one too - a 1946 9A.

Now I just need to figure out which one I want to restore next the 10K, 9A or the 14 1/4"? To many things to get done and to little time. But the restoration will have to wait until I finish the cnc conversion on my mini mill.

Danny

Now I just need to figure out which one I want to restore next the 10K, 9A or the 14 1/4"?
Danny

I got the same issue around here....I finally started the 10L I bought back in April and got 2 9" lathes on the back burner, all this after finishing 2 other 9A's!! I think we're all a little insane!!!

David

Back