What's new
What's new

Electric cars worldwide - and Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys really need to get a room. I hear thats the way to end arguments like this.

And 2 of something is not hoarding. I used to have a neighbor who collected Italian motorcycles- mostly oddball racing ducatis, and antiques. His limit was 65 or 70 bikes, when it got above that he would sell some.
That might have been hoarding.
Except he was rich, so it was "collecting".
He would hang the italian flag on his mailbox, and thats when I knew it was a day when the Ducati Club was riding up from Hollywood in their red leather Ducati jumpsuits. Jean Claude Van Damme used to ride up on his special bikes at eat pizza at the corner place on those days- who knew, he was only about 4' 6"?

'red leather jump suits'.....toasting each other with Mimosas no doubt.

Funny thing about hoarding.....the term invented by millenials ,,,and generally applies to an older person who happens to own acreage land in a city limit,have a couple of million in cash,and is able to buy whatever takes their fancy.......Now millenials cant hoard,cause they dont own no land ,or have any money,and generally live in tiny apartments..........And now,we have the most millenial upsetting fact of all....hoarded stuff selling for megabucks at auction...coupla weeks ago hoarder sells 3/4 of a Grant tank for $250,000....Staghound without motors for $36,000....Jap swords bought at junk shops for $30,000 each.....Yep,hoarding is a sickness......with big rewards.

A hoarder can also be a person who lives a life surrounded by an accumulation that ends up in a dumpster. Have seen some real piles of junk that that owner considered a valuable 'collection' as well as valuable 'collections' that a spouse or family felt was a pile of junk.

"Rosebud"

Blink and you missed it. “Millenials” are now getting into their mid forties. I know millenials with houses, acerage, warehouses, full of stuff. Porsche collections and motorcycles, guitars and fiestaware, guns, tools, watches, cranes, macntosh amps,early apple computers… Maybe in Australia its different, but here, they have lots of money and collect all kinds of stuff. Vinyl records and vintage turntables are huge right now. 40 year old video games and action figures. The stuff changes, human nature does not. I am willing to bet there are millenials with tesla roadster collections, nostalgic for the one in the film Savages 10 years ago. A 2008 recently sold for a quarter million dollars.

And there are millennials living in a parents basement facing a couple hundred thousand in student debt for a pretty much useless degree that ain't worth a crap. Always an extreme example at each end of the scale.

Best place sometimes is simply in the middle flying under the radar not attracting too much attention getting ahead of the next trend and cashing in on those with more money than common sense.

Interesting electric car fact- Porsche sold more electric Taycans in 2021- 41,000- than Tesla sold model X and S combined - about 18,000 globally combined.
As Porsche brings more electric models to the market it will only increase.
Tesla’s bread and butter these days is the 3, which sells for the price of an average new car in the US - 35k.

Tesla's S/X line was just down for more than half the year and wasn't up to full speed until the tail end of it. With the crazy long wait times for S and Xs they are supply constrained (as I imagine Porsche is too) so I wouldn't put much stock in the comparison between the two.

I do think the comparison in sales between the Taycan and the Panamera is much more telling. As well as the comparison in sales between both the Taycan and the S and the other big German sedans. Seems very clear that folks are realizing that these Evs are just better cars than the gas powered ones.

As an aside, it would be great if you guys could take all this completely off topic bickering somewhere else. There is a lot of good info and discussion in this thread and its being completely washed out by your inane political arguing.

Tesla's S/X line was just down for more than half the year and wasn't up to full speed until the tail end of it. With the crazy long wait times for S and Xs they are supply constrained (as I imagine Porsche is too) so I wouldn't put much stock in the comparison between the two.

I do think the comparison in sales between the Taycan and the Panamera is much more telling. As well as the comparison in sales between both the Taycan and the S and the other big German sedans. Seems very clear that folks are realizing that these Evs are just better cars than the gas powered ones.

As an aside, it would be great if you guys could take all this completely off topic bickering somewhere else. There is a lot of good info and discussion in this thread and its being completely washed out by your inane political arguing.

No doubt your correct about the shit posting side of things. But..certainly there are sites dedicated to EVs where those posting are more informed and the majority actually has real world experience. And yeah...moderators who actually...moderate.

The empire grows, I wonder how much of it exists in Imagination Land? Where is that machining center? I bet you already forgot all the lies you made up about it, like the model and controller type.

I've posted the model number and controller type in several posts where I was looking for information on the machine. If you're too lazy to go find them that's your problem. L\You'r just a lazy ass drunk that's too busy trolling and getting drunk to do your own work.

I caught you changing your story, you went from "hot side of a breaker" to "two hots in an outlet." This calling me a constant drunk has to be more projecting, you are the one that appears constantly intoxicated or mentally deficient as a lot of what you say doesn't add up and your stories constantly change. Maybe you should go get checked for Alzheimer's.

So comical how you post things like above that everyone who ever picked up a multi-meter knows, acting like it is displaying knowledge. What you wrote is probably on the first page of residential electricity for dummies.

And I explained to you that there are several places to check voltages but you find fault in everything that I write because you are drunken troll. Do you think it makes a difference if I check the voltages from the bus bar behind the breaker, or from the breaker itself or from an outlet? You probably do because you have little knowledge of electricity.

It's 10:05 here in Arizona so that makes it 8:05 in your shop. How much vodka have you had this morning already? Do you use it on cereal instead of milk? Most likely is my educated guess.

I've posted the model number and controller type in several posts where I was looking for information on the machine. If you're too lazy to go find them that's your problem. L\You'r just a lazy ass drunk that's too busy trolling and getting drunk to do your own work.

I don't think this has anything to do with EVs or Tesla, could you take it private messages?

You guys really need to get a room. I hear thats the way to end arguments like this.

And 2 of something is not hoarding. I used to have a neighbor who collected Italian motorcycles- mostly oddball racing ducatis, and antiques. His limit was 65 or 70 bikes, when it got above that he would sell some.
That might have been hoarding.
Except he was rich, so it was "collecting".
He would hang the italian flag on his mailbox, and thats when I knew it was a day when the Ducati Club was riding up from Hollywood in their red leather Ducati jumpsuits. Jean Claude Van Damme used to ride up on his special bikes at eat pizza at the corner place on those days- who knew, he was only about 4' 6"?

What we have is a couple of jealous/envious losers that can't grasp that someone may not have to sell one motorcycle to buy another one. Old f16 is so bad at quoting that he has to save $5.00 on a bottle of vodka to make up for it. F16 lives in a torn apart shack with unfinished drywall from when he was "repairing some plumbing".

They just hate that someone else had more things than they do.

And I explained to you that there are several places to check voltages but you find fault in everything that I write because you are drunken troll. Do you think it makes a difference if I check the voltages from the bus bar behind the breaker, or from the breaker itself or from an outlet? You probably do because you have little knowledge of electricity.

It can be different if there are bad connections. unlikely to show up unless the circuit is loaded. The NEC has calculations for allowable voltage drop at the end of long wire runs because voltage does drop at the end of a long wire run.
Fuses and I suppose breakers, can test good with a meter and not work at higher voltages. Been there done that.
Bill D

If I was having problems with a circuit not working I'd first check the for power to the outlet. Then on to the breaker and then if that didn't show any power I'd probably take the breaker out and check for power to the bus bars that feed the breakers but I wasn't talking about not having power.
This discussion was a result of someone posting about having 230 volt power and I posted that I have 240 volts where I live. Then I got trolled again by this forum's resident drunk fool.

I've been working with electricity since before I was a teenager. I had a neighbor who was an electrician by trade and he fixed televisions and radios in his spare time. He shared some of his knowledge with me.

The odd thing is you just don't post the information here. The reason you don't is you don't want to be caught lying
again. Too lazy? Even if I had endless time to waste I would probably be looking for something that doesn't exist.
I will just continue to pick the low hanging fruit, where I can quickly find lies you told just a page or two back.

Do you think it makes a difference if I check the voltages from the bus bar behind the breaker, or from the breaker itself or from an outlet? You probably do because you have little knowledge of electricity.

It makes a big difference, please keep showing the fact you know nothing about wiring. The voltage at the bus bar just confirms the incoming voltage and the main breaker (if you had one) are working correctly. Checking it on the wiring terminal side of the breaker confirms it and all things before are functioning. Stop writing on the subject, the more you do the worse you look.

I hope he is buying Ukraine vodka not russian.

You can bet he is buying whatever is the cheapest rot gut shit he can find. Lower cost means more vodka.

He needs to drink a lot of vodka to kill the pain from the many fights that he picks. Has he tried to pick fight with you yet?

Here's a PM that he sent me: "01-20-2022, 09:15 PMCITIZEN F16 CITIZEN F16 is online now
Stainless
Country
UNITED STATES
City, State/Province
MOLINE, Illinois
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given)
Likes (Received)
Default Where can we meet up.
I am looking forward to you insulting me to my face, like you do hiding behind a keyboard. I am long past my prime, but I still can throw a good jab, and have a high tolerance to pain. Let us meet."

So be careful or he'll put you on his bullying list too.

I've been working with electricity since before I was a teenager. I had a neighbor who was an electrician by trade and he fixed televisions and radios in his spare time. He shared some of his knowledge with me.

Sorry that you learned from a hack. I taught myself learning from books written by John D. Lenk and knowledgeable others. I have known plenty of people who had long careers in a trade and they still lacked knowledge and did lousy work.

It makes a big difference, please keep showing the fact you know nothing about wiring. The voltage at the bus bar just confirms the incoming voltage and the main breaker (if you had one) are working correctly. Checking it on the wiring terminal side of the breaker confirms it and all things before are functioning. Stop writing on the subject, the more you do the worse you look.

Thanks for posting what I learned when I took an electrical course in 4H when I was about 12 years old. You're a wiring genius. Probably the most tremendous electrical guru the world had ever known. Except for your cult god trump. He's likely the master of master when it comes to things electrical and of course everything else.

And I'll just post this reminder for you of your bullying. You were probably too juiced up to remember it.

Stainless
Country
UNITED STATES
City, State/Province
MOLINE, Illinois
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given)
Likes (Received)
I am looking forward to you insulting me to my face, like you do hiding behind a keyboard. I am long past my prime, but I still can throw a good jab, and have a high tolerance to pain. Let us meet."

You can bet he is buying whatever is the cheapest rot gut shit he can find. Lower cost means more vodka.

He needs to drink a lot of vodka to kill the pain from the many fights that he picks. Has he tried to pick fight with you yet?

Here's a PM that he sent me: "01-20-2022, 09:15 PMCITIZEN F16 CITIZEN F16 is online now
Stainless
Country
UNITED STATES
City, State/Province
MOLINE, Illinois
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given)
Likes (Received)

So be careful or he'll put you on his bullying list too.

You are the one who threw fighting words my direction first, you are the one who was trying to pick a fight. I am just willing to take you up on your offer. You have called me some pretty despicable things of which I am not any of them. I am not referring to all the drinking comments, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back